The Carter County Health Department is pleased to announce the arrival of our new Health Educators, Colleen Hobbs and Michelle Moore-Rather. They will be offering a variety of Public Health Education programs. Please contact Colleen or Michelle at 580-223-9705 for more information or questions about the following programs.
In clinic services provided free of charge to public by health educators:
- Carter County Health Department Employee Wellness
- Evidence based tobacco cessation program
- CPR/First Aid/AED
- CATCH (Coordinated Approach To Child Health) Click HERE for more info
- Bicycle Helmets
- Car Seats
- Community Health and Wellness*
- Community Needs Assessments
- Community Partnerships
- Local assistance with Certified Healthy
- Electronic Communication, Education, and Promotion via Carter County Health Department's website
- Exhibits at health fairs, festivals, conferences, schools, and other places of public gatherings
- Flyers, Posters, Brochures, Pamphlets, and Publications
- Health Education Print Based Materials including Health Education Statistics, Consultation, and Referrals
- HIV/STD/Teen Pregnancy Prevention Workshops
- Marketing for Health and Wellness
- Representation on Councils, Committees, and Coalitions
- Work site Health and Wellness*
- School Health and Wellness* such as Wellness Policy Development and facilitation of the School Health Index, teacher in-service presentations, and student programs/presentations targeting bullying prevention, substance abuse, puberty and hygiene, physical activity and nutrition, health relationships, HIV/AIDS and STD's, etc.
*Programs for faith based organizations, schools or individual groups requesting presentations or training on topics fitting their needs.
Food Handler’s School
A program for anyone in restaurants or a position of handling food for the public. Upcoming classes. For more information about Food Handlers School please contact Zach Collins or Ty Randolph