- For the Consumer
- License Verification
- Board Info
- Rules and Statutes
- Forms & Renewals
- For the Licensee
OKLAHOMA FUNERAL BOARD
3700 North Classen Blvd, Suite 175
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73118
NOTES OF REGULAR MEETING
MEETING PLACE: Oklahoma State Capitol, Room 104
2300 North Lincoln Blvd.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105
DATE & TIME: 10AM May 14, 2015
*** This symbol denotes the application and/or applicant is not in compliance with 235:1-1-2 (c) (14 day Rule)
A copy of this notice of meeting and agenda has been posted in a prominent location at the office of the Oklahoma Funeral Board, 3700 North Classen Blvd Suite 175, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, on May 12, 2015, at 3:26 P.M. A copy of this agenda is available on the Funeral Board website at www.ok.gov/funeral
ORDER OF BUSINESS: The Board may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote to table, change the sequence of any agenda item, or decide not to discuss any item on the agenda.
1. Roll Call – Members Cooper, Heefner, Phenix, Pickard, and Vice were present. Members Highberger and Longanacre were absent. A quorum was present.
2. Approval of minutes of the April 9, 2015 Regular Board meeting - Approved
3. Oklahoma Medical Examiner’s Office Report – Amy Elliott was unable to attend the meeting. No report was presented.
4. Review complaints with possible vote for probable cause or other action
15-60 Unmarked Caskets – Probable Cause
15-61 Unmarked Caskets – Probable Cause
15-66 Issues with Graveside Service - Dismissed
5. Vote to affirm or disaffirm the issuance of the following licenses, registrations, certificates, dissolution or other action
A. Apprenticeship (original) – All Approved
1. Amber J. Morgan, Bill Eisenhour Funeral Home, OKC
2. Randell G. Newby, Palmer Marler Funeral Home, Cushing
3. Tai S. Christian, Matthews Funeral Home, Edmond
4. Joy L. Hansen, Oklahoma Mortuary Service, OKC (EM Only)
5. Jamiee L. Grinstaff, Hahn-Cook/ Street & Draper FH, OKC
6. Seth B. Garrett, Garrett Family Funeral Home, Checotah
7. Deena E. Nickerson, Guardian West Funeral Home, OKC
B. Apprenticeship (1st extension) – All Approved
1. Taylor Hayhurst-Underwood, Hayhurst Funeral Home, Broken Arrow (enrolled at Commonwealth)
2. Davis P. Loafman, Duncan, Callaway-Smith-Cobb Funeral Home, (enrolled at UCO)
3. Emily Lewis, Edmond, Crawford Funeral Home, Edmond (enrolled at UCO)
C. Funeral Director and/or Embalmer (original) – Item 1 was tabled. Item 2 was approved.
1. Haley H. Delozier, Chelsea
2. Emily D. Croasmun, OKC
D. Funeral Director and/or Embalmer (reciprocal) – Items 1, 3 & 4 were approved. Item 2 was tabled.
1. Andrea T. Nazem, IL
2. Christopher J. Caporale, TX
3. Jamie Reed, Kansas
4. Randall A. Watson, Texas
E. Establishments – All Approved
1. Mt. Olive Funeral Home, Hugo, Brent Shain, FDIC requesting to change FDIC to Terry Burch
2. Roberts & Son Funeral Home, Blackwell, James Roberts, FDIC requesting to change FDIC to Joseph Culver
3. Dillon Funeral Service, Sand Springs, reaffirming Melanie Hughes-Morris as FDIC
4. Whinery-Huddleston Funeral Home, Lawton, Jim Bremer, FDIC requesting to change to Jennifer Asbury
5. Rolfe Funeral Home, OKC, John Adams requesting to change FDIC from John Rolfe Jr. to John Adams
***6. Grand Lake Funeral Home and Cremation Services, Grove, Essie Smith FDIC requesting to change FDIC to Shaunda J. Lawson
***7. Grand Lake Funeral Home and Cremation Services, Jay, Essie Smith FDIC requesting to change FDIC to Shaunda J. Lawson
***8. Grand Lake Funeral Home and Cremation Services, Langley, Essie Smith FDIC requesting to change FDIC to Shaunda J. Lawson
***9. Southhaven Crematorium and Embalming Service, Purcell, Kevin Montgomery requesting to close location.
***10. Southhaven Funeral Services, LLC, Purcell, New Funeral Establishment, Kevin Montgomery proposed FDIC, New Owner Southhaven LLC
F. Crematory – All approved
1. S.P.S. Crematorium, Hugo, Brent Shain, FDIC requesting to change FDIC to Terry Burch
2. Watts Crematory, Madill, New Crematory, Bryant Watts Jr. proposed FDIC, New Owner Watts Funeral Home, Inc.
3. Great Plain Cremation Service, Lawton, Jim Bremer, FDIC requesting to change to Jennifer Asbury
***4. Southhaven Crematorium LLC, Purcell, Kevin Montgomery requesting to close location.
***5. Southhaven LLC, Purcell, New Crematory, Kevin Montgomery proposed FDIC, New Owner Southhaven LLC
6. New Business – No new business was discussed
7. Discussion and possible action regarding House Bill 1827 (Funeral Board Bill) – Mr Ferguson announced that the Bill had received a pass out of committee and was to go back in front of the House of Representatives, then back to the Senate.
8. Executive Director’s Report
A. Agency Financial update - Mr. Ferguson reported gross receipts for April 2015 to be $7,784.67 with $571.80 going to the general fund. The expenses for the same time frame totaled $32,383.63 and net income after expenses totaled -$25,170.76.
9. Adjournment – 10:45 AM