- For the Consumer
- License Verification
- Board Info
- Rules and Statutes
- Forms & Renewals
- For the Licensee
OKLAHOMA FUNERAL BOARD
4545 N. Lincoln Blvd, Suite 175
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105
NOTES OF REGULAR MEETING
MEETING PLACE: Oklahoma State Capital
2300 North Lincoln Blvd. Room 412C
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105
DATE & TIME: 10AM August 11, 2011
ORDER OF BUSINESS: The Board may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote to table, change the sequence of any agenda item, or decide not to discuss any item on the agenda.
1. Roll Call - Parks, Pickard, Temple, and Walding were present, Dugger and Phenix were absent.
2. Approval of minutes of the July 14, 2011 meeting - Approved
3. Request for rule interpretation of OAC 235:10-9-2; 235:10-9-9 - No Action
4. Request for hearing continuance from respondents concerning complaint 09-56, Board v. Brown’s Funeral Parlor LLC, Luther and Jennifer Bailey Funeral Director in Charge for alleged violations of 59 O.S. § 396.12c (12) and OAC 235:10-7-2 (5) - No Action
5. Vote to affirm or disaffirm the issuance of the following licenses, registrations, certificates, dissolution or other action
A. Apprenticeship (1st extension) - Approved
1. Todd Chenoweth, Miami, Thomas FH, Welch
B. Apprenticeship (2nd extension) - Approved
1. Kenneth Delozier, Jr., Chelsea, Rice Funeral Service & Cremation Center, Claremore
C. Funeral Director/Embalmer (original) - # 1 approved # 2 and 3 tabled
1. Lynne Moore, Tulsa
2. Carol Cody, Lawton (need law)
3. Latoria Johnson, El Dorado, AR (Need Transcript, NBE Scores, Law)
D. Establishments - # 1 tabled, # 2 approved, # 3 approved subject to FDIC verification with anticipated start date of August 18, 2011.
1. Blandon Westside Mortuary Inc. Idabel Requesting ? to serve as FDIC.
2. Guardian FH West Chapel, request change of FDIC from Teresa Trogdon to ? (Need app and $)
3. Alpha & Omega Mortuary Service & Crematory, OKC, new commercial embalming establishment, Stillwell Limited, Inc., owner, Heather Smith requesting to be FDIC.
E. Crematory - #1 approved # 2 approved subject to FDIC verification with anticipated start date of August 18, 2011.
1. Care Center Crematory, OKC, request change of FDIC from Heather Smith to Clifford Pope (Need app and $)
2. Alpha & Omega Mortuary Service & Crematory, OKC, new crematory, Stillwell Limited, Inc. owner, Heather Smith requesting to be FDIC.
6. Review complaints with possible vote for probable cause or other action
12-01 Failure to file death certificate in a timely manner - sent to probable cause
12-02 Failure to file death certificate in a timely manner - sent to probable cause
12-03 Unauthorized embalming - Dismissed
7. OFDA Report – Jay Baines reported on some communication issue with the new ROVER death certificate but OFDA has been meeting with the Health Department to hopefully resolve the issues. Also that OFDA is planning the next round of district meeting. He also reminded everyone of Ray Fransisco’s free C.E. class to be held in OKC on August 16th and in Tulsa on the 17th.
8. Legal Update - Bill O’Brien reported that he is working with staff on Rule changes discussed from last months Board meeting.
9. New Business - No new business
10. Deputy Director’s Report - Chris Ferguson reported that the ME office has sent out letters to funeral homes that owe back cremation and out-of-state fees and that the ME Board plans to discuss the district investigator system in length at the monthly meeting held later today but that he doesn’t anticipate any drastic changes in the immediate near future.
11. Executive Director’s Report - Mark Riley reported that Lloyd Brown will be retiring effective September 30, 2011 and that a retirement party will be held after the September Board meeting.
12. Adjournment - 10:40 A.M.