- For the Consumer
- License Verification
- Board Info
- Rules and Statutes
- Forms & Renewals
- For the Licensee
OKLAHOMA FUNERAL BOARD
3700 North Classen Blvd, Suite 175
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73118
NOTES OF REGULAR MEETING
MEETING PLACE: Oklahoma State Capitol
2300 North Lincoln Blvd.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105
DATE & TIME: September 8, 2016 10:00 A.M.
ORDER OF BUSINESS: The Board may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote to table, change the sequence of any agenda item, or decide not to discuss any item on the agenda.
1. Roll Call-Heefner, Highberger, Roberts, and Vice were present. Cooper, Longanacre, and Martin were absent.
2. Approval of minutes of the August 11 2016 Regular Board meeting-Approved
3. Review complaints with possible vote for probable cause or other action
17-03 Contractor payment dispute-Dismissed
17-06 Cemetery Issue dispute-Dismissed
4. Vote to affirm or disaffirm the issuance of the following licenses, registrations, certificates, dissolution or other action
A. Apprenticeship (original)-All Approved
1. Timothy W. Shaw, Tulsa, Moore’s FH, Tulsa
2. Michael R. Hart, Muskogee, Bradley FS, Muskogee
3. Chelsi R. Thomas, Antlers, Burkhart FS, Antlers
B. Apprenticeship (1st extension)- Approved
1. Jackson Williams, Tulsa, Fitzgerald FH, Tulsa
(enrolled at Amarillo)
C. Funeral Director and/or Embalmer (original) 1 & 2 tabled, 3, 4, & 5 approved
1. Jennie Washington, Tahlequah (FD only)
2. Phyllis Pack, Lawton, (FD only)
3. Koby Creason, Bixby, (EM only)
4. Timothy W. Ingram, Yukon
***5. Mollie King, Edmond
D. Establishments-1 through 4 approved, 5 was granted a thirty day temporary license.
1. Palmer Marler Carberry Funeral Home, Perry, request to
change FDIC from Jon Bell to Ronnie Dighton
2. Palmer Marler Carberry Funeral Home, Stillwater, request to
change FDIC from Jon Bell to Ronnie Dighton. (also requesting
to serve as multiple FDIC of Perry & Stillwater)
3. Crown Hill Funeral Home, Tulsa, John Crosby requesting to
4. Paylor Family Funeral Care, Midwest City, John Davenport
requesting to close establishment.
5. Dyer Memorial Chapel, Tulsa, Attorney Thomas Baker request
to renew a temporary license at 3427 N. Birmingham Ave
5. New Business. Any matter not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the time of posting the agenda or any revised agenda. 25 O.S. Section 311.9.-No new business
6. Executive Director’s Report
A. Agency Financial update update: Mr. Ferguson reported gross receipts for August 2016 to be $5,403.70 with $515.37 going to the general fund. The expenses for the same timeframe totaled $41,047.13 and net income after expenses totaled $-36,158.80
B. Adoption of the 2017 meeting schedule-The following dates were approved. January 12, 2017, February 9, 2017, March 9, 2017, April 13, 2017, May 11, 2017, June 8, 2017, July 13, 2017, August 10, 2017, September 14, 2017, October 12, 2017, November 9, 2017, and December 14, 2017. January through July will be in Room 511A in the Oklahoma State Capitol. August through December will be in room 412C of the Oklahoma State Capitol. All information will be updated to the Secretary of State web site.
C. OMES Computer Project- Mr. Ferguson reported that As reported last November, our licensing application project was to be outsourced from Oklahoma Management & Enterprises Services to an independent team for project completion, which included a project completion date of approximately 6 additional months and/or May 2016. OFB staff met with OMES in May where we were advised that the project had been returned to the OMES team for project completion. OFB staff/Deputy Director Amy Sparks initiated a weekly conference to call with the objective of achieving project completion without continued delays. Weekly teleconferences have been held to clarify requirements and workflows. The OMES developer is working on a prototype application to demonstrate proof of concept. The OMES Business Analyst and Project Manager are working with OFB staff to document requirements. According to OMES, the OFB is the first state agency to develop an in-house, state agency-developed program. The projected completion date is now set for 2017. While the project will not be ready for the upcoming renewal season, OFB will have access to the prototype before year’s end. OFB will have an opportunity to test and utilize the system during the first quarter of 2017, with the expected result of formal implementation of the licensing program for next year’s renewal season.
7. Adjournment- 10:20 PM
A special meeting of the Oklahoma Funeral Board will be held at: Wednesday, September 21, 2016, at 9:00 a.m. Oklahoma State Capitol, Room 511A, 2300 N. Lincoln Blvd., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
The next regular meeting of the Oklahoma Funeral Board will be held at: Thursday, October 13, 2016, at 10:00 a.m. Oklahoma State Capitol, Room 412C, 2300 N. Lincoln Blvd., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.