- For the Consumer
- License Verification
- Board Info
- Rules and Statutes
- Forms & Renewals
- For the Licensee
OKLAHOMA FUNERAL BOARD
3700 North Classen Blvd, Suite 175
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73118
NOTES OF REGULAR MEETING
MEETING PLACE: Oklahoma State Capitol
2300 North Lincoln Blvd.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105
DATE & TIME: April 14, 2016 10:00 A.M.
*** This symbol denotes the application and/or applicant is not in compliance with
235:1-1-2 (c ) (14 day Rule)
A copy of this notice of meeting and agenda has been posted in a prominent location at the office of the Oklahoma Funeral Board, 3700 North Classen Blvd Suite 175, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, on April 12, 2016, at 3:00PM
A copy of this agenda is available on the Funeral Board website at
ORDER OF BUSINESS: The Board may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote to table, change the sequence of any agenda item, or decide not to discuss any item on the agenda.
1. Roll Call, Cooper, Heefner, Highberger, Longanacre, Roberts, and Vice were present. Martin was absent.
2. Approval of minutes of the March 10, 2016 Regular Board meeting-Approved
3. Oklahoma Medical Examiner’s Office Report
A. New Facility-The ME office is currently reviewing bids to convert the building at 23rd and Kelly to the new ME office. Right now the move in date is July 2017.
B. Cremation Permits-Legislation to raise the Cremation & Out-of-State permits by $50.00 each is on the Gov. desk. These new funds will be used to convert the building at 23rd and Kelly to the new ME office.
4. Review complaints with possible vote for probable cause or other action
15-86 Employment Issues-Dismissed
16-12 Continuing Education Violation-Probable Cause
16-15 Removal of a Body from a State without the proper permit-Dismissed
16-16 False Advertising- Dismissed
16-21 Unpaid Vaults and Caskets-Dismissed
5. Vote to affirm or disaffirm the issuance of the following licenses, registrations, certificates, dissolution or other action
A. Apprenticeship (original)-All Approved
1. Rebecca K. Laborde, Elgin, Sunny Lane FH, Del City
2. Christopher Talley, Duncan, Whitt FH, Duncan
B. Apprenticeship (1st extension) 1 and 3 tabled, 2 approved
1. Molly Clifton, Smith & Kernke, OKC
2. Timothy Ingram, Vondel Smith, OKC (enrolled at UCO)
3. Kirsten Civick, Oklahoma Mortuary Service & John Ireland Funeral Home
C. Apprenticeship (2nd extension) Approved
1. Emily Lewis, Crawford FH, OKC, (enrolled at UCO)
D. Funeral Director and/or Embalmer (original) 1 and 2 approved, 3 tabled
1. Crystal D. Pratt, Broken Bow
2. Larnell Jones, OKC
3. Brianna K. Graves, Tulsa
E. Establishments -All Approved
1. Freeman-Harris Funeral Home, Tulsa, Marcia May request to close establishment.
2. Absolute Economical Funeral Home, LLC, OKC request to change FDIC from Debra House to Darren Christenson.
3. Havenbrook Funeral Home, Norman, request to change FDIC from Jonathon Winders to Clifford Pope.
4. Millsap Funeral Service, Fort Gibson request to change FDIC from Stacy Donelson to Gordon Mair.
5. Lescher-Millsap Funeral Service, Muskogee, request to change FDIC from Stacy Donelson to Gordon Mair. (Also request to serve as multiple FDIC of Fort Gibson & Muskogee)
6. Millsap Funeral Service, Webbers Falls request to change FDIC from Stacy Donelson to Gordon Mair. (Also request to serve as multiple FDIC of Fort Gibson, Muskogee, and Webbers Falls)
7. Grand Lake Funeral Home & Cremation Service, Grove, Larry Cain request to close location.
8. Lawson’s Funeral Homes & Cremation Services, Grove, New Location. Lawson’s Funeral Homes & Cremation Services LLC Owner, requesting to serve as Shaunda Lawson, FDIC.
9. Grand Lake Funeral Home & Cremation Service, Jay Larry Cain request to close location.
10. Lawson’s Funeral Homes & Cremation Services, Jay, New Location. Lawson’s Funeral Homes & Cremation Services LLC Owner, requesting to serve as Shaunda Lawson, FDIC. (Also request to serve as multiple FDIC of Grove & Jay)
11. Grand Lake Funeral Home & Cremation Service, Langley, Larry Cain request to close location.
6. Legal Update. Upon statement by legal counsel under 25 O.S. 2011, Section 307(B)(4) advising on whether disclosure of the discussion of the litigation will seriously impair the ability of the Board and State to process, conduct or defend its claim in pending investigation, proceeding or litigation, the Board may:
i. consider and vote on motion(s) to conduct executive session(s) pursuant to 25 O.S.2011, Section 307(B)(4) upon determination by the Board that discussion of the litigation will seriously impair the ability of the Board and State to process, conduct or defend its claim in pending investigation, proceeding or litigation;
ii. if an executive session is held, designate a person to keep written minutes of the executive session;
iii. consider and vote on motion(s) to exit executive session and return to open meeting; and
iv. consider and vote on motion(s) regarding possible action to be taken regarding matter discussed in executive session.
6A. Tulsa County District Court, Case Number CV-2016-00043 Reynolds v. Oklahoma Funeral Board. Member Cooper will need to be recused. Member Cooper will need to be recused.-The Board was updated in open meeting regarding the status of this case.
7. New Business. Any matter not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the time of posting the agenda or any revised agenda. 25 O.S. Section 311.9.-No New Business
8. Executive Director’s Report
A. Agency Financial update Mr. Ferguson reported gross receipts for March 2016 to be $4,996.00 with $274.60 going to the general fund. The expenses for the same timeframe totaled $40,215.63 and net income after expenses totaled $-35,494.23
B. Legislative update regarding:
SB1147-Regarding getting Dr.’s on ROVER-Signed by the Gov.
SB1540- Regarding agency consolidation-No movement
SB1505- Regarding changing the Cremation & out-of-State fees by Rule; needs signature from Gov.
SB1426- Regarding agency consolidation-No movement
HB2586- Regarding getting Dr.’s on ROVER- needs signature from Gov.
9. Adjournment-Adjourned at 10:37AM
The next regular meeting of the Oklahoma Funeral Board will be held at: Thursday, May 12, 2016, at 10:00 a.m. Oklahoma State Capitol, Room 511A, 2300 N. Lincoln Blvd., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.