Campaign Reporting Systems
The following Committees are required to file reports using The Guardian system:
- State candidate committees must file a Statement of Organization with the Ethics Commission within 10 days of raising or expending in excess of $1,000.00. Once registered candidate committees will file periodic reports detailing contributions accepted and expenditures made electronically in The Guardian system.
- State political party committees shall file a Statement of Organization in July of any odd-numbered year and make quarterly contribution and expenditure reports. Additional reports may be required in election years when independent expenditures and electioneering communications are made between quarterly reporting periods prior to an election. All reports will be filed electronically in The Guardian System.
- All other political party committees (congressional district, county, precinct and any other recognized party committee) shall register and file one or more reports in a calendar year when the committee (1) makes a contribution to a state candidate, (2) makes an electioneering communication, or (3) makes an independent expenditure. All reports will be filed electronically in The Guardian System.
- Political Action Committees must file a Statement of Organization during the month of January with the Ethics Commission within 10 days of raising or expending in excess of $1,000.00. The committees will file periodic reports, detailing contributions accepted and expenditures made, electronically in The Guardian system.
- Pre-2015 candidate committees in existence prior to January 1, 2015, shall continue to file reports in the Guardian system until a final report is filed.
- County, Municipal and Independent School District or Career Technology District Committees receiving in excess of $1,000 or with expenditures in excess of $1,000 will file reports with the County Election Board, Municipal Clerk or School District Clerk respectively using forms provided in the “County, Municipal & School Reporting” tab.
Current Campaign Filing
To Register and File Reports
Click Here to View Campaign Reports Filed 2015 to Present and choose from the Search tab.
Click Here to View Campaign Reports filed between 2006 to 2014 and select continue.
Information for Campaign Reports filed from 1997-2005 is available in the Commission Office.
Candidate Committee Checklists
Pre-2015 Candidate Committee Checklist