- Election Info
- Voter Info
- Candidate Info
- About Us
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Wednesday, April 11 to Friday, April 13
Oklahoma State Capitol, Ground Floor (basement) West Hallway, just inside west entrance
Because of crowds expected for the ongoing teacher protests at the State Capitol, it is critical that candidates keep the following tips in mind:
- Candidates should enter at the west entrance of the State Capitol. Follow signs for candidate entry location.
- Make sure you review the candidate filing checklist included on pages 10-11 of the candidate filing packet. This will ensure you have all the necessary items to file. Incomplete candidate filing paperwork cannot be accepted. You can download the candidate filing packet on the Oklahoma State Election Board’s website here: https://www.ok.gov/elections/documents/2018 State Filing Packet.pdf
- Space in the west hallway will be limited. Those accompanying candidates will be required to enter via the regular public entrances and may have to wait in line to get into the building.
- A limited number of short-term parking spaces will be available to candidates in the west parking lot during filing. However, the Oklahoma State Election Board cannot guarantee parking. Consider having someone drop you off near the capitol, and give yourself plenty of time to get into the building given the potential for large crowds.
- Candidates should have their completed paperwork including their Declaration of Candidacy available to show State Troopers or other staff controlling access to parking and the west entrance.
- Candidates may allow a proxy to deliver their paperwork or have it delivered via U.S. Mail or a delivery service provided it arrives between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. April 11-13. However, a proxy cannot amend candidate paperwork, and incomplete paperwork cannot be accepted.
- Peak times for filing are usually Wednesday morning and Friday afternoon. Candidates are responsible for making sure they arrive by the deadline of 5 p.m. each day. Anyone who is not in line to file by 5 p.m. with all completed paperwork will not be allowed to file.
For more information on candidate filing, visit the Oklahoma State Election Board’s website at: https://www.ok.gov/elections/Candidate_Info/Candidate_Filing/index.html