What Do I Need To Enter the Class D Provisional Driver License Program?
- Applicant must have sufficient forms of identification as determined by DPS, which include a primary and secondary form of identification and proof of legal presence in the United States.
- Applicant must have a valid and current Oklahoma Identification Card.
- Applicant's driving record with DPS must indicate that Applicant has never had a driver license or that Applicant's license status would be a Class D driver license holder. (Applicant's license status cannot be a Class A, B, or C, Commercial Driver License holder.)*
*NOTE: Once enrolled in the program, Applicant must have current Oklahoma Class D driving license with DPS:
- If the Applicant has never had a Class D license at all, Applicant must test for a Class D license before being allowed to drive under the Class D Provisional Driver License Program.
- If the Applicant's Class D license has expired or will expire within the next six (6) months, Applicant must renew the Class D license before being allowed to drive under the Class D Provisional Driver License Program.
- If the Applicant's Class D license has been expired more than three (3) years, Applicant must retest for a new Class D license before being allowed to driver under the Class D Provisional Driver License Program.
- Applicant must pay all applicable fees in connection with testing or renewal.
- Applicant must not have any non-reinstated outstanding action(s) which would exempt the Applicant from participation in the program, such as manslaughter or negligent homicide, DUI or APC, refusals to test or test failures.
- Applicant must have done all that is necessary for reinstatement of all outstanding actions except for paying the outstanding statutory fees necessary for reinstatement.
- Applicant cannot have any pending actions in another state.
- Applicant must have current proof of liability insurance in the Applicant's name.
- Applicant must have the one time $50.00 enrollment fee, plus the first minimum monthly payment of $25.00, for a total of $75.00.
Last Modified on 12/11/2018