Commercial Driver License Permit
- Do I have to get a permit?
- Yes, anyone applying for a CDL license must obtain a permit and hold it for 14 full days. You can test on the 15th day or after.
- What happens if my permit expires before I am finished with the CDL Skills Test?
- You may renew the Commercial License Permit (CLP) one time without taking the written test, however, if you started the skills test process, any past segments you have completed will be null and void. You will have to obtain another permit and start the entire skills test again. A 14 day waiting period is not a requirement on a CLP renewal.
- If the renewal permit expires, then you must complete the initial process with all testing. Click here for written test requirements and click here for skills test requirements.
Last Modified on 10/26/2016