Department of Public Safety Divisions
DPS Main Information Line (405) 425-2424
Commercial Driver License (CDL) Help Desk (405) 425-2020
Community Relations (405) 425-7706
- Contact OHP regarding speakers and representation at community events across the state.
Driver Compliance: Medical Desk (405) 425-2078
- The Department of Public Safety is charged with the responsibility of licensing only individuals who can safely operate a motor vehicle. To assist the Department in licensing determinations, a medical judgment is sometimes necessary to assist in this determination. The Driver Compliance Medical Desk and the Medical Advisory Committee are responsible for making a determination that the minimum medical standards for licensing are met and that a physical and/or mental condition of an individual driver would not compromise the driver's ability to safely operate a motor vehicle on the State's roadways. More information concerning the Medical Desk is available by clicking here.
Driver License Help Desk (405) 425-2300
Driver License Reinstatement: (405) 425-2098 or (405) 425-2059
- Reinstatement information concerning driving privileges can be obtained by calling the Driver Compliance telephone bank at the telephone numbers listed above between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. or by going online and emailing your questions by clicking here.
Legal Division - (405) 425-2148
Oklahoma Highway Patrol Recruiting (405) 425-7606 or 1-844-564-6647
- Through the Recruiting/Community Relations Office, provides information for potential applicants seeking jobs with OHP. For more information about OHP jobs, click here.
Physical Disability Parking Placards (405) 425-2693
- The Physical Disability Parking Placard Desk is located at the DPS Headquarters in Oklahoma City and is responsible for issuing Parking Placards for the State of Oklahoma. Parking Placards are free of cost to the public and are issued in person in Oklahoma City and statewide by mail. Application submitted by mail may take up to 20 business days to process. Applications submitted in person are processed immediately. The application form is available by clicking here.
Public Information (405) 425-7709
- Provides the public and the media with information about DPS and its divisions through news releases, the DPS public website and social media outlets.
- Maintains the agency's Facebook page and other social media.
- Works daily with local, state and national media outlets, following the Open Records Act and agency policies/procedures when releasing information.
Records Management (405) 425-2262
- The Records Management Division is responsible for receiving, processing, and maintaining all documents and records related to driving records (including traffic-related convictions) and traffic collisions. These documents and records are submitted by Oklahoma's state and local law enforcement agencies.
Wrecker Services (405) 425-2312
- Wrecker Services division oversees the licensing, supervision, administration and control of wrecker vehicles, and wrecker and towing services.