Oklahoma, www.OK.gov
District Attorneys Council Home Page

Skip Nav Skip to Search
Contact  |  Calendar

421 N.W. 13th, Suite 290
Oklahoma City, OK 73103

Oklahoma Child Support Services


The Department of Human Services (DHS) is the state administering agency for Oklahoma’s Child Support Services program. Nine District Attorneys contract with the DHS to provide child support services. The DAC assists in the administration of these cooperative agreements. Moreover, DAC’s General Counsel serves as a liaison between district attorney child support offices and the Child Support Services Division of the Oklahoma Department of Human Services.

Services Which Child Support Offices Can Provide

Oklahoma Child Support Services (OCSS) are here to help children get the support they need. They understand the financial burden on a parent when child support is not provided.

When a child does not receive financial support from one or both parents, OCSS Offices can:

  • Locate the parents' addresses and employers
  • Establish legal paternity
  • Establish child support and medical support orders
  • Enforce support for married, separated or divorced parents
  • Modify child support orders
  • Collect and distribute child support payments


OCSS Offices work with:

  • other states to obtain child support
  • other countries to obtain child support

Services Which Child Support Offices Cannot Provide

OCSS Offices cannot establish or enforce visitation or custody rights.They cannot enforce alimony obligations unless current child support is also being enforced for a minor child. In addition, OCSS Offices do not provide any services for cases where the child support payments are paid through the Oklahoma Centralized Support Registry and there is not an open case with the Child Support Services Division.

OCSS attorneys take legal action to establish or enforce child support obligations under Title IV, Part D, of the federal Social Security Act. It is important to note that the attorneys represent the state and not the interests of any other party. Providing services cannot create an attorney/client relationship between the attorney and the child's parent or guardian.

Additional Information or Assistance

To obtain assistance via telephone, please call the Customer Assistance Response Effort (CARE) Call Center.The CARE Call Center was instituted to receive and more effectively respond to telephone inquiries. The majority of county offices are covered by the CARE Call Center.For the Oklahoma City metro area only call 522-CARE (522-2273).Tulsa metro area only should call 295-3500.All other areas call toll free 1-800-522-2922. Phone and Office Hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Mon. – Fri.