>>FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - MASSAGE THERAPY<<
OSBCB EMERGENCY RULES SIGNED BY GOVERNOR FALLIN JANUARY 23rd, 2017
Massage Therapy Emergency Regulations - 12/8/2016
Massage Therapy Emergency Regulations Impact Statement - 12-08-2016
As of May 1, 2017, the following is required to make application for a Massage Therapy License
- A complete application form (form is available under Forms section of this website)
- Citizenship affidavit of I-94 affidavit (form is available under Forms section of this website)
- Copy of birth certificate, driver's license or other government -issued identification that the person is at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Copy of current liability insurance for practice as a massage therapist (copy of current professional liability policy is acceptable)
- Copy of a certificate and transcript of completion from a state licensed massage school showing completion of at least 500 hours of formal education in a massage therapy school.
- Certified copy of test scores showing completion and passing the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx)
- Current criminal history information report obtained from the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation. A criminal history background information report shall be current if dated no more than thirty (30) days prior to the date on which the applicant submits a completed application to the Board. The OSBI criminal history background report shall include a search of the Department of Corrections Name, Sex Offender Database and Violent Offender Database. All fees required for the criminal history background report shall be paid by the applicant.
State Bill 687
Mary Fallin Executive Order 2016-13
You may submit your continuing education documents and professional liability insurance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org