This statute applies only to law enforcement personnel or peace officers attending the basic law enforcement certification class at the State of Oklahoma Law Enforcement Training Center in Ada, Oklahoma.
In accordance with Title 70 O.S. § 3311.11, beginning November 1, 2009, any person who is employed as a peace officer within the State of Oklahoma and who is scheduled to attend the basic law enforcement certification academy conducted by CLEET shall, prior to admission, be required to provide proof of a score of a minimum of seventy percent (70%) on the CLEET approved physical assessment test. The purpose of this test is to ensure the applicant is in sufficient physical condition to safely participate and/or avoid unnecessary injury during basic law enforcement training.
The physical assessment test will be referred to as the “Test for Safe Participation” or “The Test.”
• All cadets, prior to admission, must obtain and provide proof of a minimum score of 70% on the CLEET Test for Safe Participation.
• All employing agencies should ensure that potential hires are aware of this testing requirement, as it may be a condition of employment if the applicant will be attending the basic academy at CLEET facilities in Ada, Oklahoma.
• The CLEET Test for Safe Participation has been created and validated by Stanard & Associates, Inc.
• The Test for Safe Participation will be administered at the K.O. Rayburn Training Center in Ada, Oklahoma. Two testing dates will be available. The first testing will be held on the Wednesday of the week immediately preceding the start of the scheduled academy. Testing on Wednesday will be between 0800 and 1700 hrs. The second testing will be held on the Monday prior to the start of Basic Academy. Testing will begin at 0700 hrs. Academy participants will be required to notify CLEET which testing session will be attended. This notification shall be included in the “Confirmation Letter” submitted to CLEET prior to start of the basic academy.
• Upon receipt of the “Confirmation Letter,” participants will receive a designated time on the testing day to take the Safe Participation Test. Participants shall come to the Multi-Purpose Room at the Training Center at the designated time to take the Test.
• Participants will be allowed a total of four (4) opportunities to pass the physical assessment test, with no more than two (2) attempts per testing day.
• Any applicant who fails to achieve a minimum of 70% on the physical assessment test will not be admitted into the basic academy.
Please read the documents below for more information and to learn the specific requirements related to taking the Test for Safe Participation.
Test Administration Guide
Safe Participation Course
Waiver of Liability and Release
Last updated/reviewed November 5, 2009