Captain Diedre Hughes
- Deidre Hughes is a Captain with the Broken Arrow Police Department where she is currently assigned to the Training Division.
- She is responsible for the police officer recruiting/hiring process, the police academy, and all department in service and elective training throughout the year.
- Deidre has served for the City of Broken Arrow for 21 years. Prior to becoming a Broken Arrow Police Officer, she was a Deputy at Creek County Sheriff’s Office.
- Combined she has over 25 years of law enforcement experience.
- She has served in the Traffic Unit, the Professional Standards Unit, and in the Patrol Division as an officer, First Line Supervisor and Watch Commander before moving to the Training Division.
- Deidre became a Defensive Tactics Instructor in 2011 and coordinated that program for the department until 2019.
- She teaches in a variety of courses including Traffic, Collision Investigations, Advanced Formulas, Leadership, Emotional Intelligence, Use of Force, Instructor development and Defensive Tactics for the Broken Arrow Police Department.
- Deidre is a member of the OACP Accreditation Committee where she has served as an assessor for other agencies.
- She is currently a member of National Association of Women Law Enforcement Executives (NAWLEE) and FBI LEEDA.
- Deidre has served as Secretary for the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge # 170 since 2009.
- In 2013 Deidre was named Officer of the Year.
- Deidre has an Associate Degree in Criminal Justice from Tulsa Community College.
- She has obtained her Advanced Law Enforcement Certificate from the Oklahoma Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training.
Last Modified on 11/04/2021