OMES is unifying communication tools for state agencies. The Office of Management and Enterprise Services strives to deliver quality, cost effective and secure information technology services for its customers. Microsoft Office 365, a hosted-email and collaboration solution, provides the next step toward unifying communication tools for state agencies.
O365 provides the following necessary tools:
- Cloud-based email and calendaring solution for traditional desktops and mobile devices.
- Ability to store and retrieve information easily from the cloud.
- The cloud-based software allows for easier access.
O365 Data Migration and Training
With the O365 project, OMES will move email and data to the cloud. During the migration none of your work will be impacted. You will receive a notice prior to going live. If you have any questions, contact the OMES Service Desk.
We strongly encourage employees to complete the training for O365.
O365 email allows you to access your email from anywhere, anytime. Review the following documents for more information:
• Getting Started with Outlook Web App
• OMES O365 Email Frequently Asked Questions.
OneDrive is an online file storage that comes with O365. Review the following documents for OneDrive guidelines and classification information:
- Data on mobile devices using MobileIron will also be transferred. You will receive an “Application Reset” message when you open MobileIron. Please follow the MobileIron O365 PDF instructions to re-enable MobileIron.
O365 Security Enhancements
Offering enhanced security for O365 helps OMES meet its mission of providing quality, cost-effective and secure technology solutions. If you have any questions, contact the OMES Service Desk.
O365 Two-Factor Authentication
O365 Application Access
- When logging into the O365 portal using a home device or a state-owned device that is not on the state network, only email, calendar and people applications will be available.
- To view and use other O365 portal applications when not on the state network, you will need to be on a state-owned device using a virtual private network (VPN) client. You must be using a state-owned device to access the additional O365 portal applications.
O365 Password Reset
- If you forget your password, you will no longer be required to call the OMES Service Desk to receive a temporary password. The first time you sign into the O365 portal, you will be prompted to answer three security questions.
Note: When you change your password in O365 this will also change your network password for your workstation.
If you have any questions view the O365 FAQ web page or contact the OMES Service Desk.
Service Desk Self Service
Contact us anytime! We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.