INSTALLATION OF ADDITIONAL TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION METHODS FOR OFFICE 365
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services in conjunction with the Information Security Office have mandated implementation of two-factor authentication for Office 365. The following information assumes you have previously implemented the initial setup of two-factor authentication for Office 365 that can be found in Installation of Two-Factor Authentication for Office 365. This document contains a walkthrough of the installation of additional two factor authentication methods for Office 365.
Adding additional verification methods.
- To access Office 365, open Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge and navigate to https://myapps.microsoft.com (opens in new window) and in the logon fields place your email address and password.
- Once you have logged onto Office 365, in the upper right hand corner click on your name.
- From the drop-down menu, select Profile to view the settings options for Office 365.
- Select the option Additional security verification.
- You will be asked to login using your current two-factor authentication method.
- You may also choose Use a different verification option.
- Once you have authenticated, on the Additional security verification page you will have the option to change your preferred verification option and also setup alternative verification options.
- For more information on the authentication methods and choosing the one that is right for you please visit Microsoft’s “Set up your preferred verification method” (opens in new window) for more information.
- Once you have selected the preferred methods of verification select “Save” and then select “Verify preferred option.”
- You will be contacted by your preferred security method that you previously selected.
- Once you have completed the verification process, you will receive a message that states “Updates successful.”
- Select “Close” to complete the additional security verification process.
Some things to remember
- If there is a need to logon using one of the additional verification processes, you must have previously configured the additional security verifications.
- When logging into Office 365 if you wish to use an alternative method of verification you will need to select the “User a different verification option” found after you have entered your credentials.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Management and Enterprise Services Help Desk at (405) 521-2444.