Agency Accessibility Compliance Representative
The Office of Management and Enterprise Solutions (OMES), has worked together with Oklahoma ABLE Tech since 2004 to assure state compliance regarding accessibility of information technology for individuals with disabilities. OAC 260:15-1-5, effective Sept. 11, 2006, requires each appointing authority to designate an agency Accessibility Compliance Representative.
Oklahoma Administrative Code 260:15-1-5. Accessibility compliance representative
- The Appointing authority in each state agency shall designate an Accessibility Compliance Representative(s) to:
- Ensure all electronic and information technology produced, procured, or developed by the agency is accessible to the disabled;
- Receive, investigate and process formal complaints alleging the agency's failure to comply with electronic and information technology accessibility laws, rules and/or standards;
- Assist complainants to ensure a complaint is clear and complies with this Chapter;
- Upon receipt of a formal complaint, thoroughly investigate other instances of similar accessibility issues in related systems within the agency.
- Annually execute a certified statement assuring compliance with the IT Accessibility Standards and submit the name and contact information for the Accessibility Compliance Representative to the State CIO by October 1 each year.
- The name and contact information of the designated Accessibility Compliance Representative shall be filed and updated, whenever necessary, with OMES and Oklahoma ABLE Tech.
- The name and contact information of the Accessibility Compliance Representative shall be published on the agency website.
Agencies are asked to identify the agency ACR in annual regulatory reporting to the Office of Management and Enterprise Services.