Make-N-Take Button Pusher/Page Turner
A Button Pusher/Page Turner can provide an easy grip for someone with limited finger and hand control.
- 3/4" dowel purchased in a hobby, art, or hardware store
unsharpened pencil with eraser
- Drill with drill bit 1/4" drill bit
1. Measure the dowel and mark in 5 1/2" sections
2. Saw the dowel into sections.
3. Drill a 1/4" hole in each section of dowel located at the midpoint and about 1/2" deep.
4. Push the lead end of the pencil into the hole and glue if necessary.
5. Repeat the process for each remaining dowel section.
The Oklahoma Assistive Technology Project, Oklahoma ABLE Tech, is funded by the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research of the U.S. Department of Education. To contact OK ABLE Tech call 1-800-257-1705 or INFO-line 1-888-885-5588
Created by Dr. Sherrill York, Training/Outreach Specialist for Oklahoma ABLE Tech