Assistant Director| | Organizational Chart
Mr. A. Keith Burt
Mr. Burt has been employed by the State since July, 1976 and an employee of the ABLE Commission since 1980. Mr. Burt's Gubernatorial appointments include the Governor's task force on Underage Drinking, the Tobacco Use Cessation Advisory Committee and Governor's Impaired Driving Prevention Advisory Council. Prior to his appointment on October 4, 2002, Mr. Burt served as Deputy Director.
Powers and Duties of the ABLE Commission Director
The Director of the ABLE Commission has the following powers and duties:
- To employ such personnel as necessary to properly enforce and administer the Oklahoma Alcoholic Beverage Control Act, Oklahoma Charity Games Act, and Prevention of Youth Access to Tobacco Act.
- To issue all licenses which are authorized to be issued by the Commission.
- To conduct investigations and to make reports concerning violations of the Oklahoma Alcoholic Beverage Control Act, Youth Access To Tobacco Act, and Charity Games Act and to make orders for its enforcement.
- To make recommendations to the Commission concerning the suspension or revocation of any licenses and the levying of fines against licensees for violations of the Acts or the Rules and Regulations of the Commission.
- To regularly inspect all places of business of licensees.
- To aid the enforcement authorities of the state or any county or municipality in the prosecution of any violations of the Acts.