- Active Clients
- Retired Clients
- About Us
When are retirement checks mailed?
Retirement checks are always mailed the last working day of the month.
My check was late because it went to another city before arriving. What can be done?
- Make sure the address, including the zip code, is correct.
- Make a copy of the check and return the copy with the envelope your check came in to TRS. We can notify the postal service or Presort First Class Co. for an inquiry
My check has two different date stamps, why?
The check may have been returned to the TRS office. Generally when a check or any piece of mail is returned to TRS by the Presort First Class Company it's for one of following reasons:
- New Address - These are returned to give TRS the opportunity to obtain the new address from the National Change of Address (NCOA) directory and mail a change of address notification to you.
- Incomplete Address - This should not be a problem on retirement checks. However, if TRS had to manually address the envelope, there is a possibility for human error.
- Short Paid (postage due) - Again, this should not be an issue on a retirement check.
The postal service returns mail for the following reasons:
- Bad address
- Forwarding order has expired
- No forwarding address on file
When do the direct deposits go to the bank?
Direct deposits are posted to member bank accounts on the first day of each month, unless the first falls on a weekend or bank holiday; in which case, direct deposits will be posted on the last working day of the month.
Please note that it's your responsibility to inform TRS of all address changes that affect retirement checks. Notification must be received by TRS by the tenth of the month for the change to be reflected on the next check.