The State Comptroller directs the daily operations of the Division of Central Accounting and Reporting (DCAR), which is responsible for establishing the policies and procedures for state financial transactions and for executing those transactions in accordance with the various state statutes, federal regulations, and governmental accounting and reporting standards.
- Central Accounting Unit: Maintains the state central accounting system to ensure budgetary and financial compliance with laws and regulations through general ledger accounting and maintenance, payroll accounting, tax accounting and reporting activities, including processing of general ledger transactions for revenues and expenditures, cash allocations, centralized payroll tax and withholding payments, maintenance of employee earnings records, and issuance of year end tax forms, such as W-2 and 1099M.
- Transaction Processing Unit: Performs audits and processes payments for the settlement of state expenditure claims and payrolls to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, custodian of expenditure documents and records, and maintains the state central vendor file.
- Financial Reporting Unit: Prepares the State of Oklahoma comprehensive annual financial report as required by state law for use in analysis and decision making by state management, creditors and others; maintains reporting information for all agencies, funds, and component units included in the state reporting entity; and prepares the annual schedule of expenditures of federal awards.
- Agency Business Services: Provides shared services for various state agencies via contract to streamline and provide more efficient and effective back office finance functions, including budgeting, accounts payable and reporting. OMES also provides shared services for procurement, human resources and payroll functions.
- Gaming Compliance Unit: Created as a part of the State-Tribal Gaming Act, this unit has the authority to carry out the state’s oversight responsibilities under the tribal gaming compact.
State of Oklahoma - A Report to Our Citizens
Annual Financial Report
Appendix 4: OSF Object of Expenditure Code
Volume 26, FY-2016
Vol. 26, No. 11 - May 6, 2016 (opens in new window)
- Top Story
- Deceased Employee Payroll Processing, Reporting
- Outstanding Wages Beneficiary Designation Option
- Payroll Processed before a Reversal is Completed
- Payroll Stat Cancelled Warrants Not Eligible for Reissue
- Travel Reimbursement Legislation
- Statewide P-Card and Travel Office Program Has Relocated
- FY 17 P-Card Authority Orders
- Contracting for Legal Services
- Tax Abatement Disclosures
- Higher Education Entities
- Restricted use of the 789 class funding
- Proper use of 789 class funding
- OKFMA Next Quarterly Meeting
- Payroll Law 2016
- 16th Annual Oklahoma Payroll Conference