The State Comptroller directs the daily operations of the division of Central Accounting and Reporting (CAR), which is responsible for establishing the policies and procedures for state financial transactions and for executing those transactions in accordance with the various state statutes, federal regulations, and governmental accounting and reporting standards.
- Central Accounting Unit: Maintains the state central accounting system to ensure budgetary and financial compliance with laws and regulations through general ledger accounting and maintenance, payroll accounting, tax accounting and reporting activities, including processing of general ledger transactions for revenues and expenditures, cash allocations, centralized payroll tax and withholding payments, maintenance of employee earnings records, and issuance of year end tax forms, such as W-2 and 1099M.
- Transaction Processing Unit: Performs audits and processes payments for the settlement of state expenditure claims and payrolls to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, custodian of expenditure documents and records, and maintains the state central vendor file.
- Financial Reporting Unit: Prepares the State of Oklahoma comprehensive annual financial report as required by state law for use in analysis and decision making by state management, creditors and others; maintains reporting information for all agencies, funds, and component units included in the state reporting entity; and prepares the annual schedule of expenditures of federal awards.
- Agency Business Services: Provides shared services for various state agencies via contract to streamline and provide more efficient and effective back office finance functions, including budgeting, accounts payable and reporting. OMES also provides shared services for procurement, human resources and payroll functions.
- Gaming Compliance Unit: Created as a part of the State-Tribal Gaming Act, this unit has the authority to carry out the state’s oversight responsibilities under the tribal gaming compact.
State of Oklahoma - A Report to Our Citizens
Annual Financial Report
Appendix 3: Chart of Accounts Revenue Codes
Appendix 4: OSF Object of Expenditure Code
Volume 28, FY-2018
Vol. 28, No. 5 - Nov. 8, 2017 (opens in new window)
- Deadlines for November Payrolls
- Taxability of Gift Cards, Certificates, Coupons
- Refunds of Taxes for Overpayments to Employees (Form 94)
- Deceased Employee Payroll Processing and Reporting
- Outstanding Wages Beneficiary Designation Option
- W-2 Reporting of Employer-Sponsored Group Health Insurance
- Agency Address Verification
- State HCM System Use of Addresses on W-2s
- State HCM System Use of Addresses on 1095-C, ACA Reporting Form
- PeopleSoft MailDrop for Year End Processing
- Employee Benefits Department - PeopleSoft Deduction/Trailer Codes
- Mileage Reimbursement Rate- No Change for CY 2018
- Affordable Care Act reminders from Human Capital Management
- OKC American Payroll Association Monthly Lunch & Learn Chapter Meetings
- Form I-9 and E-Verify Webinars
- AGA 2017 Fall Conference
- Payroll Law 2017
HB 2363 (Voluntary Buyout) Information