The State Comptroller directs the daily operations of the division of Central Accounting and Reporting (CAR), which is responsible for establishing the policies and procedures for state financial transactions and for executing those transactions in accordance with the various state statutes, federal regulations, and governmental accounting and reporting standards.
- Central Accounting Unit: Maintains the state central accounting system to ensure budgetary and financial compliance with laws and regulations through general ledger accounting and maintenance, payroll accounting, tax accounting and reporting activities, including processing of general ledger transactions for revenues and expenditures, cash allocations, centralized payroll tax and withholding payments, maintenance of employee earnings records, and issuance of year end tax forms, such as W-2 and 1099M.
- Transaction Processing Unit: Performs audits and processes payments for the settlement of state expenditure claims and payrolls to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, custodian of expenditure documents and records, and maintains the state central vendor file.
- Financial Reporting Unit: Prepares the State of Oklahoma comprehensive annual financial report as required by state law for use in analysis and decision making by state management, creditors and others; maintains reporting information for all agencies, funds, and component units included in the state reporting entity; and prepares the annual schedule of expenditures of federal awards.
- Agency Business Services: Provides shared services for various state agencies via contract to streamline and provide more efficient and effective back office finance functions, including budgeting, accounts payable and reporting. OMES also provides shared services for procurement, human resources and payroll functions.
- Gaming Compliance Unit: Created as a part of the State-Tribal Gaming Act, this unit has the authority to carry out the state’s oversight responsibilities under the tribal gaming compact.
State of Oklahoma - A Report to Our Citizens
Annual Financial Report
Appendix 3: Chart of Accounts Revenue Codes
Appendix 4: OSF Object of Expenditure Code
Volume 28, FY-2018
Vol. 28, No. 4 - Oct. 6, 2017 (opens in new window)
- Top Story
- Agencies that Received E-mail from System of Award Management
- Agency News
- Oklahoma State Treasurer’s Office Alternate Procedures During Capitol Closure on Oct 12-22, 2017
- Deadlines for November Payrolls
- Employee Moving Expenses
- Using State Vehicles to Commute
- Payroll Warrants Issued in Error
- Payroll Stat Cancelled Warrants Not Eligible for Reissue
- Submission of OMES Form 94P - Tidbits
- State HCM System Use of Addresses on W-2s
- State HCM System Use of Addresses on 1095-C, ACA Reporting Form
- Agency Address Verification
- PeopleSoft MailDrop for Year End Processing
- Higher Education Entities
- November Payroll Deadlines
Higher Ed 1099 Information
- General Ledger
- General Ledger Report – Cash Basis Financial Statement Report
- 1099 Information
- Review 1099 Reportable Transactions Report
- Newsletter Release of GSA Federal Per Diem Rate Changes – Effective October 1, 2017
- OKC American Payroll Association Monthly Lunch & Learn Chapter Meetings
- APA Preparing for Year End and 2018
- AGA 2017 Fall Conference
- Payroll Law 2017
HB 2363 (Voluntary Buyout) Information