spacer image
Skip Nav Skip to Search
Contact  |  OREC Email Notification  |  OREC Calendar
spacer image
get adobe reader

Continuing Education - Post Education

CE Entities

CE Entities and Courses

Distance Learning Entities

Individual Request for Real Estate Continuing Education Credit

Post-Education Entities

Continuing Education - Continuing education courses are required for sales associates and brokers who desire to renew their licenses on an active status. Provisional sales associates have a separate and unique post-license requirement and they are not required to complete continuing education. Upon being issued a real estate license, a sales associate or broker is required to complete twenty-one clock hours every three (3) years.  Licensees  are required to take, each license term, 12 required clock hours consisting of 4 (four) core subjects as determined by the Commission and 9 clock hours consisting of elective subjects. The 4 (four) core subjects are listed as follows: (This requirement does not apply to a provisional sales associate.)

  • Professional Conduct (PSC)
  • Fair Housing (FHR)
  • Broker Relationships Act (BRA)
  • Hot Topic (which will consist of a variety of issues ranging From Code and Rule updates to major industry concerns) (HOT

Licensees who maintain inactive licenses are not required to complete continuing education; however, if a licensee desires an active license, the licensee will be required to complete the required hours prior to activation of a license

Provisional Post-License Course - Provisional Sales Associates are required to complete the Part II post-license course prior to their one-year license expiration date. This course is not to be taken prior to a license being issued; this course must be completed prior to the one-year license expiration date.

The PSA can take the core course as outlined in the Rules or they may take specialty courses consisting of 45 clock hours or more, in subjects such as: property management, appraising, home inspections, etc. The PSA should contact the Education Department to ensure that such course material will count toward the Part II post-license course requirement.

Related Topics