Ten Things to Know About the Oklahoma Emergency Management Conference
Oklahoma Emergency Management Conference and Training Day begins on Sunday, August 13! Before you pack your bags, check out these 10 things you need to know for the conference.
- Pocket-sized agendas are printed for attendees to pick up at the conference, but the full program, with session descriptions and more, is available to download and print at http://www.ok.gov/OEM/Programs_&_Services/Oklahoma_Emergency_Management_Conference/index.html.
- You can also find the full conference program via the Yapp Mobile App. Download the Emergency Management Program at http://my.yapp.us/GF7FZF.
- Sunday and Monday are Training Days. Be sure to read the enrollment confirmation emails that have been sent out, as some classes have specific requirements for attendees.
- If your hotel room is paid for by OEM, you must attend training day from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. to qualify for a room Monday night. If you decide to change your plans and check in to your hotel room a day late, you must call the hotel and change your reservation dates. If you don’t check in the first day of your reservation, the hotel will cancel your room completely.
- Please note that the hotel may place a hold on your credit or debit card for incidentals when you check in, as is common with most hotels.
- Not only will the exhibit hall be open during breaks, this year OEMA will also host a Vendor Reception on Tuesday evening. Be sure to check out the 60+ vendors both inside and in the east parking lot.
- Tweet about the conference using the official hashtag: #oemacon17
- Breakout session rooms G, H, I, and J will once again be available for area meetings on Tuesday night from 5-7 p.m. and Wednesday night from 5-6 p.m.
- OEMA will have giveaways throughout the conference and tons of door prizes at the Business Meeting on Thursday. Jurisdictions are encouraged to bring a door prize for the giveaways.
- We have so many fantastic speakers and events going on with this year’s conference, including the annual Awards Dinner on Wednesday, you won’t want to miss a minute of it!