Ten Things to Know About the Oklahoma Emergency Management Conference
Oklahoma Emergency Management Conference and Training Day begins on Sunday, August 11! Before you pack your bags, check out these 10 things you need to know for the conference.
- A pocket agenda will be available for attendees at conference, but the full program, with session descriptions and more, is available to download and print here.
- You can also find the full conference program in a mobile friendly format through teamup.com. Just click on the session name to see the session description.
- Sunday and Monday are Training Days. Be sure to read the enrollment confirmation emails that have been sent out by your instructor or me, as some classes may have specific requirements for attendees. Don't forget, the OK-First and G.271 Hazardous Weather & Flood Preparedness classes are hosted off site at the National Weather Center.
- If your hotel room is paid for by OEM, you must attend training day from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. to qualify for a room Monday night. If you decide to change your plans and check in to your hotel room a day late, you must call the hotel and change your reservation dates. If you don't check in the first day of your reservation, the hotel will cancel your room completely.
- Please note that the hotel may place a hold on your credit or debit card for incidentals when you check in, as is common with most hotels. If you are paying with a PO for both your room and incidentals and submitted a waiver form, you should be able to check in without a credit card. If you have trouble, please contact someone with OEM when you check in.
- Be sure to check out the 50+ vendors both inside the Exhibit Hall and outside in the east parking lot!
- Hotel conference rooms are notoriously difficult to keep at that *just right* temperature, so you may want to bring a jacket or sweater.
- Back by popular demand, OEMA is hosting a cookout Tuesday night! The cookout is a networking and casual dinner opportunity for emergency managers and a chance to decompress and socialize with colleagues and friends. Everyone is welcome to attend and enjoy the Craig County Emergency Management staff's skills behind a smoker. This event will begin at 6 p.m. in the conference lunch area.
- OEMA will have tons of great giveaways and door prizes throughout the conference and Business Meeting. Jurisdictions are encouraged to bring door prizes to give away and all attendees may purchase raffle tickets.
- We have so many fantastic speakers and events going on with this year's conference, including the annual Awards Dinner on Wednesday. You won't want to miss a minute of it!