Emergency Management Performance Grant
OEM provides funding assistance to local city, town and county emergency management programs through the Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) program. In order to receive EMPG funds, local jurisdictions must meet certain performance goals within their programs.
The EMPG program is funded by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and has a minimum 50 percent local cost-share requirement. Today the program continues to help build better prepared communities through strong local emergency
Since 2000 alone, OEM has delivered more than $15 million in EMPG funds to local emergency management programs across the state.
2018 Fiscal Year Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) Timeline:
- July 1, 2017 -- EMPG applications for each local jurisdiction available in Box.com.
- August 31, 2017 -- Completed Local EMPG applications due in Box.com.
- September 1-16, 2017 -- OEM application approval process.
- September 24, 2017 – OEM notifies jurisdiction of approval, denial.
- October 1, 2017 – OEM approved Local EMPG Agreements available in Box.com
- November 30, 2017 -- Completed Local EMPG Agreements due in Box.com
- Local EMPG quarterly reports due in Box.com by the third Monday of every quarter (January, April, July and September)
- Quarterly Payments -- All quarterly payment requests accompanied by complete documentation received before the third Monday of each month will be processed in that month. Anything received on or after the third Monday will be processed the following month. In most cases, electronic payment will occur within 7 business days.