Oklahoma, www.OK.gov Department of Central Services Home Page

Skip Nav Skip to Search
RSS Feeds  |  Make a Reservation

Email   |   Print  


All general maintenance questions such as:

  • Can you replace my light?
  • Can you adjust the temperature?
  • Can you unplug the toilet?
  • Can you repair my window blinds?
  • Can you clean up this spill?
  • Can I use your large trash barrels?
  • Can you reset our circuit breakers in the break room?
  • etc. . . .

. . . should be submitted by using the Tenant Work Request link. This link is located on the DCS web page.

Where can I view janitorial task sheets for DCS managed buildings?

If I'm stuck in an elevator and I don't know which one or between which floors, can you get me out?

  • The elevators are equipped with call boxes. These call boxes are for emergency communication and will notify the Department of Public Safety.  DPS will contact the designated elevator contractor and Department of Central Services maintenance staff.  The elevator contractor  is the first responder when passengers are trapped in an elevator.

What is the process used if remodeling of our space becomes necessary?

  • As stated in the leases and occupancy agreements executed by the tenants in state buildings "No additions, fixtures, or improvements shall be added to the premises by the occupant without written approval by the Department". All remodeling or changes of any kind to tenant space must first be reviewed by the Facility Manager and then by the Division Administrator of Facilities Management. Contact your Facility Manager before you start  planning space renovations, improvements or additions. 

What is the policy on the use of appliances?

  • All equipment, machines and appliances shall be grounded.  Circuits shall not be overloaded.  Appliances including, but not limited to, coffee pots, ovens, microwaves, facsimile machines, copy machines and other office equipment shall be UL approved.

What if I have a bulletin, circular or notice to post?

  • No notices, bulletins, circulars or other type information may be placed on any common area wall or door (common area is described herein as hall, lobby, elevator, restroom, break room or conference room).  This includes all adjoining doors and door frames.
  • A bulletin board may be installed at elevator lobby for agency, building or event notices.  Contact your Facilities Manager for assistance in mounting your bulletin board.

If I lose something in the Capitol Complex, whom do I contact?

  • You can check with the Department of Public Safety office located in the Capitol Building.

If I accidentally drop my car or house keys down an elevator shaft, can you retrieve them for me?

  • Call the Facility Manager for the building you are located in. We will try to retrieve your items at no charge. If the elevator contractor must be called to retrieve your items, a fee may be charged.

Are we allowed to have plants in our offices?

  • We recommend keeping plants and flowers to a minimum to avoid mold spores, water damage, and insect problems.
    Plants and flowers are to be maintained by the individuals responsible for bringing them on site.
    Restrictions – No plants shall be set on windowsills, fan coil units or any other building equipment.
    No hanging plants will be placed in cubicles or workstations.
    Fertilizer or plant food – Fertilizer or plant food must be stored in sealed containers.
    Damage to furnishings from over-watering will be billed to the agency where the employee works.

Are live Christmas trees allowed in the building?

  • Live Christmas trees are not allowed due to the risk of fire. Wreaths, swags or any other decorations made from real branches or leaves, candles or open flames of any kind are not allowed.

What about artificial Christmas Trees?

  • Artificial trees are allowed. Lights used to decorate any tree or area are the responsibility of the area tenant and are to be turned off when the space is unoccupied. Failure to comply will result in the Department of Central Services requesting that the agency remove these items immediately from the area.

Am I allowed to hang items on the walls of my office?

  • We discourage the use of nails or any type hanger that requires a hole in the wall. Contact your Facility Manager for advice and permission.

Are candles and/or heated potpourri pots allowed in the building?

  • Burning candles, lit potpourri sticks, or flame or electrically heated potpourri pots are potential fire hazards and are prohibited in the building.

Are we allowed to burn incense in our offices?

  • Incense is a potential fire hazard and is prohibited in the building.

 Corridors and Doors!

  • Corridor doors shall be kept closed when not in use.  Exit doors and access to exit doors, elevators, stairwells, corridors, or other public spaces shall be kept clear at all times. Storage of any kind is not allowed in public spaces.


Last Modified on 03/03/2011