SU Rules and Statutes
Meetings & Agendas
Contact State Use
Benefits of the Program
How We Help People With Disabilities
- Provide stable, vocational rehabilitation for individuals with disabilities in the community.
- Provide people with disabilities the opportunity to become self-sufficient.
- Encourage efforts to de-institutionalize people with disabilities.
- Provide training, meaningful employment and fair wages for individuals with disabilities.
How We Help Customers
- Customers receive a competitive price without the hassles of administering a competitive bid.
- The program offers a wide variety of options with its products and services.
- Each contract is negotiated individually, allowing for customization to meet specific wants and needs.
How We Help Taxpayers
- The State Use Program has proven to reduce the cost of care for people with disabilities.
- By adding employees with disabilities to the workforce, the program helps increase the tax base. National studies have shown a savings in public expenditures for purchases made through the State Use Program.
- Since Vendors are located in large and small communities, the program also stimulates local area economic growth.
Oklahoma Ranked Nationally in 13 of 15 Categories in 2016
The State Use Programs Association (SUPRA) publishes only the top 5 states from each category.
- Oklahoma ranked #5 on number of persons with disabilities employed
- Oklahoma ranked #5 on the number of hours worked by persons with disabilities
- Oklahoma ranked #2 on the Greatest Growth in number employed with disabilities
- Oklahoma ranked #3 in Greatest Percentage Growth in number employed
- Oklahoma ranked #5 in Greatest number of Hours Worked
- Oklahoma ranked #2 in Greatest Growth in Amount of Wages Paid
- Oklahoma ranked #1 in Greatest Percentage Growth of Wages Paid
- Oklahoma ranked #2 in Greatest Growth in Dollar Product Sales
- Oklahoma ranked #3 in Greatest Growth of Product Sales (36.48%)
- Oklahoma ranked #3 in Greatest Growth in Dollar Services Sales
- Oklahoma ranked #2 in Greatest Growth of Service Sales (13.47%)
- Oklahoma ranked #2 in Greatest Growth in 2016 Total Sales – Dollar
- Oklahoma ranked #1 in Greatest Growth in 2016 Total Sales – Percentage (19.09%)
There were only 2 categories that we did not rank in the top 5 in the nation:
- Greatest Percentage Growth of Hours Worked
- Total Sales – Oklahoma missed top 5 by only $7 million, under New York, Texan, Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey,
Last Modified on 10/06/2017