Certificates of Authority and Title Requirements
Certificates of Authority authorize a firm to practice architecture or landscape architecture in Oklahoma. (59 OS Sec. 46.9) Certificates of Title authorize a firm to practice registered commercial interior design in Oklahoma. (59 OS Sec. 46.38)
Professional of Record:
In order to apply for a Certificate of Authority, your firm must have an Architect or Landscape Architect - who is licensed in Oklahoma - to serve as the firm's Architect or Landscape Architect of Record. In order to apply for a Certificate of Title, your firm must have a Registered Commercial Interior Designer - who is registered in Oklahoma - to serve as the firm's Registered Interior Designer of Record.
Your firm may have more than one Professional of Record, all of whom must be licensed in Oklahoma and must hold the legal position required based on the entity type (please see list below); however, only one person will be able fill out the application for the Certificate of Authority or Certificate of Title, which will make that person the Primary Professional of Record.
In addition to filling out the Certificate of Authority or Certificate of Title application for the firm, the Primary Professional of Record will also be responsible for renewing the firm's CA or CT every two years, and all firm records will be found under the Primary Professional of Record's License Portal profile.
|Type of Entity||Legal Position the Professional of Record Must Hold|
|LLC, LLP, PLLC, PLLP||Manager or Member|
|Limited Partnership||General Partnership|
|Corporation, Sole Proprietorship, ESOP||Director, Officer, Shareholder, ESOP, Principal|
|Association||Corporation, LLC, LLP, Individuals|
|Joint Venture||Two of the above|
To submit a Certificate of Authority or Certificate of Title application:
To find the online Certificate of Authority or Certificate of Title application, a licensed Architect, Landscape Architect, or Registered Commercial Interior Designer will need to log into their License Portal profile.
In addition to completing the online application, please have the following ready to submit:
- The articles, organizational agreements or documents establishing the legal business entity.
- A current good standing certification from the firm’s base state’s Secretary of State. (If the firm’s base state is Oklahoma, please disregard, as a Certificate of Authority from this Board is required before filing with the Secretary of State.)
- A list of the members, managers, officers, partners, or other managing agents of the legal entity with license types, license numbers, and states of licensure/registration—preferably on firm letterhead.
- A list of office locations with street address, city, state, and zip code.
- Each Professional of Record must fill out an affidavit: Architect Affidavit, Landscape Architect Affidavit, Registered Commercial Interior Designer Affidavit.
To submit a Certificate of Authority or Title application, please log in to the Member Portal.
Revisions to a Certificate of Authority or Title
Any change to a firm's Certificate of Authority or Title, including a change to the legal name of the firm or a change in the Professional of Record, require a revision to the Certificate of Authority or Title.
Log into the Licensee Portal to find information about completing and submitting a revision.