2800 North Lincoln Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73105-4298
During the 2013 Oklahoma Legislative Session House Bill 1740 was passed, which requires all scrap metal dealers to obtain a license from the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food, and Forestry. A scrap metal dealer is defined as: "Any person, firm or corporation who is a retailer or wholesale business which buys, sells, salvages, processes, or otherwise handles scrap metal materials". To obtain a license each applicant will need to return the enclosed application with the appropriate fees, pass a national criminal background check, and provide proof of the following:
- Legal proof of ownership, lease agreement or contract for the business location;
- Proof of a dedicated telephone line for the business location;
- Proof of general liability insurance policy of not less than $500,000 for the business location;
- Proof of a current discharge permit issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Act;
- Photo ID;
- Two (2) full sets of fingerprints on the cards provided. To obtain your fingerprints take the enclosed cards to your local police or sheriffs department and have them assist you. You will need to submit both cards with the application. (We will submit them to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) for processing).