Board of Directors
A seven-member Board of Directors was created to direct the endowment’s earnings to programs for the health and well-being of all Oklahomans. By design, the board is bipartisan and representative of each of the state’s five congressional districts. As required by the Constitution, not more than four appointees may be from any one political party. At least one member must be appointed from each Congressional district, and not more than two members may be appointed from any single Congressional district. All appointees must have demonstrated expertise in public or private health care or programs related to or for the benefit of children or senior adults. Members serve seven-year terms.
• Casey Killblane, Davis, Chair – appointed by the State Superintendent of Public Instruction
• Donald L. Cooper, M.D., Stillwater – appointed by the Governor
• George Foster, O.D., Tahlequah – appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives
• John Kennedy, Oklahoma City – appointed by the Attorney General
• W.R. “Bill” Lissau, Tulsa – appointed by the State Treasurer
• Kenneth Rowe, Norman – appointed by the President Pro Tempore of the Senate
• Susan Walters Bizé, Edmond – appointed by the State Auditor and Inspector
Board of Investors
A five-member Board of Investors oversees the investment of all funds directed to the Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust. As required by the Constitution, the Board of Investors is chaired by the State Treasurer and the remaining four members are appointed by specific elected officials. No more than two appointees may be appointed from any single congressional district. All appointed members must have demonstrated expertise in public or private investment funds management. Members serve four-year terms. Per board policy, no funds are invested in tobacco stocks.
• State Treasurer Scott Meacham, Edmond, Chair
• David Hinkle, Hugo, Vice-Chair – appointed by the State Auditor and Inspector
• Mike Mayhall, Lawton – appointed by the Governor
• David Rainbolt, Oklahoma City – appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives
• Phil Tholen, Tulsa – appointed by the President Pro Tempore of the Senate
For more information, contact Sjonna Paulson, Director of Communications, Oklahoma Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust, (405) 525-8738, toll-free (866) 530-TSET, www.tset.ok.gov or Tim Allen, Deputy State Treasurer for Policy and Administration, State Treasurer’s Office, (405) 522-4212.
(View this fact sheet in PDF format)