TSET provides Incentive Grants to communities throughout Oklahoma for the purpose of supporting improved health for every Oklahoman.
Only communities that have received certification through the Certified Healthy Oklahoma program in 2014 are eligible to apply for Incentive Grant funds in 2015. After achieving certification and submitting documentation to verify that specific criteria have been met, communities may be awarded grant funds based on the community’s population size and incentive level achieved.
Applications are accepted year round.
All incentive grant applications should be submitted a minimum of 90 calendar days prior to any regularly scheduled meeting of the TSET Board of Directors. TSET cannot guarantee that every proposal submitted according to the timeline will be considered at the next board meeting. The TSET Board of Directors has the discretion to determine whether proposals submitted less than 90 calendar days prior to a regularly scheduled board meeting will be heard at the upcoming meeting.
Click here for Board Meeting Dates
Awards are based on community size and level of criteria met (Bronze, Silver and Gold).
Click here for Grant Criteria
2015 Grant Awards:
0 – 4,299
4,300 – 13,999
14,000 – 29,999
30,000 – 79,999
- Communities may receive funding only one time at each incentive level (Bronze, Silver and Gold).
- Communities meeting the criteria at the Silver level must also meet the criteria at the Bronze level.
- Communities meeting the criteria at the Gold level must also meet the criteria at the Bronze and Silver levels.
- A community that achieves Gold incentive levels will receive funding for any lower level not previously awarded. For example, if a community achieved the Gold level in the first year, the community will be awarded the amounts for Bronze and Silver, in addition to Gold. The community would be awarded to the "Maximum Combined Funding" amount.
- The grant funding must be used with a 12 month period from date of grant awarded.
- Submitted documentation related to each incentive criterion will be reviewed by the TSET staff to confirm that the requirements have been met.
Intended Use of Grant Funds
- Communities must apply grant funds to one or more specific criteria within the Certified Healthy Communities program.
- If grant funds are to be used within a geographic area or specific location (e.g. walking trails, community gardens, walking school bust, etc.) the selected location must be an area of the community with poor health or economic conditions.
- Additional supporting documentation by the TSET Board of Directors may be requested.
- Awards are subject to availability of funds.
- Applicants will be notified of award status.
Applicants must contact TSET Healthy Communities Incentive Grants Program Manager Connie Befort, firstname.lastname@example.org, 405-521-4985 to discuss their application prior to presentation of a request.
An in-person or phone meeting is required to provide details on the online grant applications. Applications are accepted year round.