Application Guidelines (PDF)
>Click Here for Application Instructions
TSET provides conference or training event sponsorships to educate and build capacity among Oklahomans for the purpose of improving the health of every Oklahoman.
Applications will be accepted at any time of the year.
• Eligible applicants include Oklahoma-based non-profit organizations or government entities.
• Grants will not be made to individuals or for-profit organizations.
• Each applicant organization is required to complete a Certification of Non-Acceptance of Tobacco Funds.
• Events must be statewide, or a series of local or regional events that will cover the state.
• The total funding available for conference/training sponsorships varies each year.
• TSET funding must not exceed 50% of an event’s total budget.
• Funding may not be used for cash awards, gifts, or purchases of food or equipment (although equipment rental would be allowed).
• Travel must be reimbursed according to the State Travel Reimbursement Act.
Project Grant Period
The sponsorship period shall not be more than one year.
• Conferences or training events must be related to one or more of the following purposes as specified in the Oklahoma Constitution (OKCONST O.S. ﬂ Article 10 section 40):
- Clinical and basic research and treatment efforts in Oklahoma for the purpose of enhancing efforts to prevent and combat cancer and other tobacco-related diseases.
- Cost-effective tobacco prevention and cessation programs.
- Programs designed to maintain or improve the health of Oklahomans or to enhance the provision of health care services to Oklahomans, with particular emphasis on such programs for children.
- Programs and services for the benefit of the children of Oklahoma, with particular emphasis on common and higher education, before- and after-school and pre-school programs, substance abuse prevention and treatment programs and other programs and services designed to improve the health and quality of life of children.
- Programs designed to enhance the health and well-being of senior adults.
• TSET funding may not exceed 50% of the event’s total budget.
• Conferences or training events must contain an evaluation or outcomes measurement component.
• The Oklahoma Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust’s sponsorship must be acknowledged in the same form and manner as other sponsor’s at a similar level. Conferences or training event materials must acknowledge the Oklahoma Tobacco Settlement Endowment Trust as a sponsor.
Preference will be given to events meeting the following criteria:
• Events that promote evidence-based programs
• Events offering the greatest leverage (ratio of other dollars to TSET dollars)
• Events related to the reduction of tobacco use
• Events related to improving nutrition or fitness
• Events that address the greatest number or highest-impact levels of the following interventions (from the Spectrum of Prevention):
a. Influencing Policy and Legislation
b. Changing Organizational Practices
c. Fostering Coalitions and Networks
d. Educating Providers
e. Promoting Community Education
• Sponsorships are subject to availability of funding.
• All applicants will receive written notification of final award status.
• Sponsorships will be provided on a reimbursement basis
• Invoices must be submitted to TSET within 90 days following the event.
• Invoices must be accompanied by an expenditure report providing adequate detail to substantiate the use of TSET funds.
• Invoices must be accompanied by evaluation results from the event and a participant list with contact information.
All grant funds will be made available on a reimbursement basis, upon submission of properly completed invoices and required reports.
All applicants must complete and submit the "Certification of Non-Acceptance of Tobacco Funds" form with their proposals.
>>Click Here for Application Instructions