- About Us
- Public Information
- Grantee Login
|Agenda May 15, 2008|
Oklahoma TobaccoSettlement Endowment Trust Fund Board of Directors
3800 N. Classen, Second Floor Conference Room
Contact: Dorothy Antwine (405) 820-6982
1. Open Meeting Act Announcement and Call to Order– Kenneth D. Rowe, Chair
a. Announcement of filing of meeting and posting of the agenda in accordance with the Open Meeting Act
2. Approval of Minutes of the February 25, 2008 regular board meeting
3. Board of Investors Report – James Wilbanks, Director of Revenue & Fiscal Policy, State Treasurer’s Office
4. Chair’s Report – Kenneth D. Rowe, Chair
a. Ethics Commission reporting
b. Introduction of Assistant Attorney General, Preston Draper
c. Upcoming board meetings
5. Director’s Report – Tracey Strader, Executive Director
a. Recent training events and upcoming training opportunities
b. Communications updates
6. Evaluation Committee Report – Donald Cooper, M.D., Chair
a. Presentation – Evaluation Updates Oklahoma Tobacco Helpline – Weight Concerns Randomized Clinical Trial, Communities of Excellence, and Tobacco Stops With Me programs, Dr. Laura Beebe, University of Oklahoma, College of Public Health, Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology
7. Program Committee Report – Susan Walters Bizé, Chair
a. Presentation – Quitlines, the Oklahoma Tobacco Helpline, and Why They Work – Dr. Tim McAfee, Chief Medical Officer, Senior Vice President of Clinical & Behavioral Sciences, and Mary Kokstis, Senior Client Services Director, Free & Clear, Inc.
b. Nutrition and Fitness updates
c. FY 2009 program approaches and funding allocations
d. Consideration and possible action:
i. Renewal of contract for FY-09 with the Oklahoma State Department of Health providing funding to TSET to expand the reach of the Oklahoma Tobacco Helpline.
ii. Renewal of contract for FY-09 with Free & Clear, Inc. (RFP #0920000002) for Helpline Services.
iii. Amendment to FY-09 contract with the Oklahoma State Department of Health for counter-marketing, and State Program Office services.
iv. Renewal of FY-09 grants with Communication Services for the Deaf, Inc., Rural Health Projects, Inc., and Oklahoma State University Seretean Wellness Center for the Addressing Tobacco in Specific Populations grant program (RFP #0920000003).
v. Renewal of contract for FY-09 with the American Legacy Foundation for the National Alliance for Tobacco Cessation membership.
vi. Renewal of contract for FY-09 with the University of Oklahoma, College of Public Health, for evaluation services.
vii. Renewal of contract for FY-09 with the Oklahoma Tobacco Research Center, OU Cancer Institute for research.
viii. Renewal of contract for FY-09 with Finley & Cook, LLC for audit services
ix. Renewal of contract for FY-09 with Visual Image, Inc. (RFP #0920000006) for media services
8. Proposed Executive Session
a. Review and discussion of unsolicited proposals, as authorized by the Open Meeting Act – 25 O.S. § 307(b)(7) and as required to preserve confidentiality under 62 O.S. Supp. 2006, § 2309(C)(4).
9. Consideration and possible vote on items from Executive Session
10. Agency Operations Committee Report – Casey Killblane, Chair
a. FY 2008, Third Quarter Expenditures, Budget to Actual, Operating & Programs Budgets
b. Notification of FY 2008 Budget revisions to Operating & Programs Budgets
c. Consideration and possible action on FY 09 Preliminary Operating & Programs Budgets
11. Update on tobacco control legislation and policy – Wes Glinsmann, Chair, Oklahoma Alliance on Health or Tobacco
12. Update on Fit Kids Coalition activities, legislation and policy – Anne Roberts, Executive Director, Oklahoma Institute for Child Advocacy
13. New Business
14. Public Comment
NOTE: The Board of Directors may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote to table or decide not to discuss any item on the agenda.
(View this agenda in Adobe Acrobat (.PDF) format)