Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Tulsa-based Rely Energy LLC is the latest enrollee in the Oklahoma Quality Jobs Program, with the company promising to create an estimated 98 jobs over the next decade.
The maximum benefit Rely Energy could receive through the program is $2.6 million. The company, which was started in early 2010, helps small and midsize industrial and commercial customers find ways to control their power use and cut costs.
President and co-founder Don Frey said Rely has about 50 clients and is growing its presence in Oklahoma and Texas.
"Energy Star certification for buildings and facilities is a very important part of a comprehensive energy plan, and we're working to streamline this process for our clients," Frey said Monday. "We see lots of opportunities to save clients money, implement best energy practices and contribute toward long-term sustainability."
The Oklahoma Department of Commerce, the administrative entity for Quality Jobs, also announced that during the fiscal year that ended in June the projected capital investment for the program's enrollees was $166.8 million.
Gov. Mary Fallin praised the program and its latest beneficiary.
"My number one priority as governor continues to be to support the creation of good private sector jobs," she said in a news release. "The Quality Jobs Program is a great tool as we work towards that goal, and I applaud Rely Energy LLC for their work in Tulsa and throughout the state."
Approximately 43 percent of enrollees in the program during the last fiscal year were in rural communities, while the remaining 57 percent were from urban areas.
Additionally, 70 percent of Quality Jobs Program participants in fiscal year 2011 were awarded to existing companies, with the rest devoted to attracting new businesses to Oklahoma.
By: Robert Evatt, TULSA WORLD