OKLAHOMA STATUTES REQUIRE:
• All business entities, except for life insurance companies, must report unclaimed property annually prior to November 1.
• Life insurance companies must report annually prior to May 1.
• Written notice to the owner (due diligence) must be completed 120 days prior to filing an annual report for each property with a value of $50 or more.
NEW ONLINE HOLDER REPORTING
• Electronic filing via secure online holder reporting website required for reporting 15 or more properties (do not submit the related paper owner detail report).
• Free reporting software to create a NAUPA formatted file is available at http://www.wagers.net (HRS PRO Standard Edition) or https://up.eagletm.com/register.aspx
• Visit https://ostdnet.ost.state.ok.us/Hldr_Login.asp to get started.
• A paper report will only be accepted if less than 15 properties are being reported.
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR BANKS REPORTING SAFE DEPOSIT BOX CONTENTS
• Safe Deposit Box Inventory detail must be included in the electronic file.
• Safe Deposit Box contents that have little or no commercial value should not be reported.
• Do not send Safe Deposit Box contents with the November report. OST will notify you in writing of its decision to accept or reject contents of each box reported.
UNCLAIMED PROPERTY REMITTANCE
• All holder reports must be submitted with a completed and notarized Verification of Report form.
• Worthless securities should not be reported to Oklahoma Unclaimed Property. Please refer to the following link for securities reporting: http://www.ok.gov/treasurer/documents/Hldr_BOK_12-10.pdf
• It is important to read the Holder Reporting Forms and Instructions in their entirety before remitting unclaimed property. Download the forms and instructions with the links below.