The State Treasurer's Office processes and returns forged items through the Federal Reserve Bank. The Federal Reserve Bank processes the forged items for collection through the bank of first deposit.
To file a forgery affidavit:
- Complete the "Forgery Affidavit Form", have it notarized and attach a copy of the warrant or agency voucher believed to be forged.
- Send the completed forgery affidavit form along with the copy of the forged warrant to:
The State Treasurer's Office
Attention "Forgery Desk"
2300 N. Lincoln Blvd. #217
Oklahoma City, OK73105
- The item will be returned to the bank of first deposit through the Federal Reserve Bank.
- The filing agency will give provisional credit generally within 5 working business days. Each agency will be notified of the date the provisional credit is issued.
- The bank of first deposit has two months after receipt of the request to refuse payment therefore, it is recommended that the agency wait to reissue the check until the two months have passed.
- If the item is disputed by the bank of first deposit, the agencies account will be debited and supporting documentation will be sent to the agency.