Farm to You is a traveling interactive adventure for elementary school children that follows food from the farm to the market and through the body to explore the relationships between agriculture, food and health.
Coordinated by the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service, Farm to You is a collaboration between state agency, commodity and community partners.
Through Farm to You and other nutrition education programs, your local Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service county office can help your school meet PASS objectives and physical education requirements.
Farm to You Objectives:
• Children will learn that farms provide food for good health.
• Children will learn to use food labels to make healthy choices.
• Children will learn about the digestive system.
• Children will learn the importance of physical activity and personal hygiene to good health.
• Children’s eating and health behaviors will improve.
• Awareness will increase among parents, school personnel and community members about the importance of teaching children healthy habits.
Farm to You does not cost your school anything, but does ask you to provide volunteers to serve as station presenters. Visit the Requirements page for more information on what you'll need to host the Farm to You exhibit.
Farm to You has been named the 2010 Children's Health Champion and recipient of the Dr. Rodney Huey Memorial Champion of Oklahoma Health award, the highest honor of the Champions of Health awards.
For more information, visit www.farmtoyou.okstate.edu