SoonerSearch Code Snippets for the House of Representatives
Place as many copies of the Basic Search box or Advanced Search module anywhere you wish in your agency's website. To obtain the code snippet you want, view the SOURCE code for this page, and look for the comment markers that tell you where to start and end your text copying.
Some informational items to note:
- No CSS styles are applied to the elements in these code snippets., enabling you to apply any CSS you want.
- The look and feel of the results page for your agency can be customized to a limited degree. If you want such customizations, contact the SoonerSearch administrators by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Results pages are set for additional searching of your agency's content by default. However, the results page is configured to also allow users to choose another agency or all agencies to conduct additional searches.
- Beginning in 2011, SoonerSearch will include in search results any social networking content produced your state agency (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, etc.). Your agency may opt out of including social networking content by sending a request to: email@example.com. Please note that SoonerSearch can return results only on content which has been discovered and indexed by Google. There may be a waiting period for new content to be included (or deleted content dropped) from search results.
- Please notify the SoonerSearch administrators any time you close or open a service of online content. This includes any and all publicly available websites, social networking channels and changes in domain names.
- This version of SoonerSearch relies on services from the Google "cloud". New content your agency places online may or may not be indexed quickly after its appearance.
Though these custom search snippets are mainly designed for Oklahoma state agency use, permission is granted for their use by members of the public as long as the following statement is placed either adjacent to the code snippet or at the bottom of any web page on which it's used:
"SoonerSearch is a service of the Oklahoma Department of Libraries and OK.GOV"
The words "Oklahoma Department of Libraries" must be hyperlinked as follows: http://www.odl.state.ok.us
The name "OK.GOV" must be hyperlinked as follows: http://www.ok.gov
Basic Search Code
Advanced Search Code