State Superintendent Janet Barresi welcomes schools to participate in the Governor’s Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, December 2, 2014, at the Oklahoma State Capitol.
All students and the public are invited to attend the lighting of the Capitol tree, which will take place at 6 p.m. on the south side of the Capitol.
The Governor's Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony is hosted by the Office of Governor Mary Fallin, the Oklahoma State Department of Education, the Oklahoma Arts Council, the Office of Management & Enterprise Services and the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.
Kindergarten through fifth-grade classrooms were selected to participate in this event. Teachers were notified if their class was selected. Each classroom of students is responsible for decorating one four-foot artificial tree, with a theme selected by the students. Family and friends are encouraged to join in the Capitol activities.
The day’s activities include tree decorating; photos with Governor Fallin and State Superintendent Barresi; visits from Santa Claus; treats such as apples, cookies and punch; storybook reading; musical entertainment, and the lighting of Capitol Christmas Tree.
Additional details were emailed to teachers whose classrooms were chosen to participate.
For more information regarding the Governor’s Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, please contact the State Department of Education’s Events Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-521-4893.
Schools Selected for Decorating
- Cheyenne Public School - Cheyenne Public Schools
- Lomega Elementary - Lomega Public Schools
- Creek Elementary - Mustang Public Schools
- Surrey Hills - Yukon Public Schools
- Angie Debo Elementry - Edmond Public Schools
- Nichols Hills Elementary - OKCPS
- Overholser Elementary - Putnam City Public Schools
- Northridge elementary - Putnam City Public Schools
- Mission Elementary - Anadarko Public Schools
- Lindsay Elementary - Lindsay Public Schools
- South Lake - Moore Public Schools
- Tipton Elementary - Tipton Public Schools
- Hulbert Public School - Cherokee Public Schools
- Henryetta Elementary - Henryetta Public Schools
- Hilldale Upper Elementary School - Hilldale Public Schools
- Ben Franklin Science Academy - Muskogee Public Schools
- Okmulgee Primary School - Okmulgee Public Schools
- Jenks East Intermediate - Jenks Public Schools
- Kendall-Whittier Elementary-Tulsa Public Schools
- Mitchell Elementary - Tulsa Public Schools
- Remington Elementary School - Tulsa Public Schools
- Poteau Upper Elementary - Poteau Public Schools
- Jefferson Elementary - Shawnee Public Schools
- Spiro Upper Elementary - Spiro Public Schools
- Valliant Elementary School - Valliant Public Schools