The Oklahoma State Department of Education (OSDE) will be seeking qualified grant readers in the Spring of 2015 to serve on the peer review team for its next 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) competitive grant application process.
We will be seeking readers representing a wide variety of education-related stakeholders.
This program supports the creation of 21st Century Community Learning Centers that provide academic enrichment opportunities during non-school hours.
Designed as a supplementary program to enhance state or local reform efforts, this program assists students in meeting academic standards in core subjects (math, reading, science, social studies) by providing out-of-school services to students and their families.
- Targets high-need, high-poverty, low-performing schools;
- Implements highly effective research-based programs to address academic needs; and
- Provides academic assistance along with enrichment opportunities to help students graduate college, career, and citizen ready.
Qualified applicants will possess one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of the impact that afterschool learning opportunities have on improving the academic achievement of students
- Experience in an education-related field
- Experience working with a variety of community members to forge meaningful partnerships that foster commitment to improving the lives of our youth and their families
- Previous experience/expertise as a grant reader and/or grant recipient
Readers will be required to:
- Read and score their assigned applications through a web-based system. Access to a computer with internet access will be necessary.
- Participate in a training webinar.
- Review approximately 6 – 8 grant applications.
- Complete a scoring rubric with comprehensive comments for each grant application reviewed.
- Submit final scores and comments by the deadline.
Compensation for Services:
A stipend of $50/day with a maximum of 5 days ($250) will be provided to readers for the review of the 21st CCLC grant applications.
Apply to be a Peer Reviewer:
All Peer Reviewers must submit an application to serve as a reviewer.
- Click here to fill out the Peer Reviewer Application.
You can also visit our Peer Reviewer FAQs for more answers.
For more information:
Director, 21st CCLC
Oklahoma State Department of Education
2500 N. Lincoln Blvd., Suite 414
Oklahoma City, OK 73105