ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE TYPEWRITTEN OR COMPUTER GENERATED.
August 1, 2013 is the deadline for the October 26, 2013 examination.
Please read all of the following prior to filling out this application.
1. Applications must be received in the Board office or postmarked by the deadline date of August 1, 2013. Complete all portions of the application including social security number or legal document number or your application will be returned to you.
2. Enclose with the application a non-refundable check or money order for the application fee of $50 made payable to OK St. Bd. for P.E. & L.S. Mail the application form to the Board Address found at the top of the application form.
3. You will receive a receipt and notification from the Board office to go to www.ncees.org and register to take the examination and receive your identification number. You will pay a non-refundable $125 examination to NCEES at that time (VIsa or Mastercard only - debit or credit). After your approval you will be required to sit for the next scheduled exam or your application will be closed. Any further attempts to take the FE exam will require you applying with NCEES.
4. Two to three weeks prior to the examination date, NCEES will e-mail an admission notice with the date, time and location of the examination. Please review all information provided. If you do not have an e-mail address, your admission information will be sent via regular mail.
5. Special testing accommodations: Religious and ADA accommodation requests must be received 60 days prior to the exam administration date.
For forms and guidelines, go to http://www.ncees.org/exams/special_accomodations/
6. The FE examination is a closed book examination. A reference handbook will be furnished to you at the time you apply. This handbook is for review and study but will not be brought to the examination. An identical handbook will be provided at the beginning of the morning and afternoon sessions. A list of acceptable calculators will be provided to you with your instruction material from NCEES or you may go to www.ncees.org/exams/calculators/ for the most current calculator policy.
7. NCEES will notify applicants of the exam results in the form of a pass/fail notification. Applicants will receive the notification approximately eight weeks after the exam via e-mail or by regular mail if the applicant does not have an e-mail address. DO NOT call the Board office to ask your exam grade.
8. Prior to being certified as an Engineer Intern or applying for the PE examination, if your non-U.S. degree program is not accredited by ABET or not a pre-approved related science degree program, you may be required to have your education evaluated by the NCEES Credentials Evaluators. Please contact NCEES directly at www.ncees.org/credentials-evaluations/ to request an evaluation of your education once you have graduated if you wish to be certified as an Engineer Intern or apply for the PE examination. Many evaluation services are not approved by the Board and will not be accepted by the Board for this purpose.
9. If you wish to order official preparation material produced by NCEES, contact:
P.O. Box 1686
Clemson, SC 29633-1686
PDF File (268KB)