|Metro Technology Center
Springlake Campus, Business Conference Center
1900 Springlake Dr.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
Directions to Metro Technology Center
Intro to PDF Accessibility Using Acrobat Pro
Hands-on Lab (Metro Tech laptop provided with Adobe Acrobat Pro)
Trainer: Rob Carr, Accessibility Coordinator, Oklahoma ABLE Tech
Cost: $25 | Max Attendance: 25 - SESSION IS FULL!
8:15 - 8:55 Check In, Continental Breakfast, (hallway near rooms F & G). Visit Sponsor Areas.
8:30 - 8:55 Check in early and attend a special session in Room E: "Captioning with DocSoft" Presenter: Mike Robichaux
2. Web hosting and Open Source Tools – Presenters: Brian Burkhart and Paul Tibbitts, OneNet Room D
3. Web-based tools & Mobile Technology for Emergency Response, Incident Management, and Okstrong.ok.gov - Presenter: Keli Cain, Office of Emergency Management and Jake Lowrey, Office of Management and Enterprise Services Room G
4. Create Accessible Content with Ok.gov CMS - Presenter: Rob Carr, Oklahoma ABLE Tech & Dan Peacock, Oklahoma Interactive Room F
5. Socrata - Why Open Data? Interactive presentation and discussion around the benefits of Open Data for state and local government, education, and civic community with real world use cases, examples, and success stories as well as focus on policy and governance to make your Open Data program a huge success. Presenters: Jesse Romine Territory Manager for State of Oklahoma and Jordan Gilbertson Data Solutions Architect, Room D
6. Security - Presenter: Rob Harvey, NIC, Room F
7. Web Happy Structure & Content: A wealth of resources to assist with making websites more interactive through design, free tools, SEO Room H-I - Presenter:Courtney Wright, Oklahoma Interactive Exhibitor
8. Lost and Find Me - Room D Presenter: Mark Mitchell, Oklahoma Interactive Exhibitor
9. Successful Social Media Management - Presenter: Candace Timmons, University of Oklahoma, Room F
10. Introducing PDF/UA and Solutions for Accessible PDF in State Government and Higher Education - Room G, Presenter: Dave Herr Exhibitor
NetCentric New Standards for Accessibility Compliance: Federal Section 508 Refresh, WCAG 2.0, PDF/UA, and How State Government and Universities are addressing the problem State and higher education examples. How CommonLook Tools address the entire problem: a. Clarity for Enterprise audit b. CommonLook PDF for verification and remediation and c. CommonLook Office for creating accessible PDF.
11. GovDelivery: Digital Communications Management - Presenter: Phil Miller, Room D
GovDelivery’s Digital Communications Management platform (DCM) can be used to deliver important alerts, announcements and updated information to Oklahoma citizens. This web-based solution monitors websites for content updates and automatically generates e-mail or text message alerts when changes are detected on designated web pages. Messages can also be sent manually at any time.
12. OpenRange.gov - Presenter: Matt Singleton, Chief Information Officer for Education and Director, Technology Procurement for the State of Oklahoma.
An in-depth look about OpenRange and what can be expected in the coming months. OpenRange, like the name, is full of possibilities for your I.T. landscape. This voluntary program will help you get started on changing and meeting your I.T. needs. Room G
13. Document Accessibility Primer: Basic Requirements for Posting Accessible Documents. Presenter: Rob Carr, Oklahoma ABLE Tech, Room F
14. Esri - The Expanding Role of GIS in the State Government Enterprise Presenter: Michael Funaro, ESRI www.esri.com/
Situation maps, Resource Locator Maps. Exhibitor and Gold Sponsor, Room G
15. Open Source Online Learning Systems for Agencies and Higher Education Room F
Online learning is currently in the midst of a revolution fueled by massive open online courses (MOOCs), quality instructional design and forward-thinking institutions. Companies like Coursera, edX, Khan Academy and Udacity are partnering with established educational institutions to deliver content for life-long learners. edX has taken a step further by releasing its online learning platform as an open source project. Join us for a look at the online learning landscape and how edX's online learning platform can be leveraged to support any organization's educational goals. Presenter: Mario A. Rosas, Consultant, xforty technologies. Exhibitor
16. Microsoft Presentation: XP End of Life Room E
Bryttie Duren and and Kepp Andrews | State & Local Government | Microsoft Corporation. Exhibitor and Device Bar.
Please remit payments by check or purchase order to: Information Professionals for Oklahoma, Inc.
c/o Bill Young, Treasurer
200 N.E. 18th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
PO's may be e-mailed: Bill.Young@libraries.ok.gov
IPro EIN number is: 46-3538988 | People Soft: IPro's vendor number is 0000367539
Direct payment questions to Bill Young at: 405-522-3562 or 405-370-3750
Sorry, IPro can't take payments by credit card.
Cancellations must be made by 5:00 p.m. Oct 1 for a refund. A substitute may attend for a registrant, but conference coordinator must be notified. Please use the Contact link on the website. In the event the IPro conference is canceled due to fire, strikes, government regulations, acts of God or other causes beyond the control of the organization, IPro shall not be held liable for failure to hold the IPro Fall 2013 Conference as scheduled, and IPro shall contact registrants and sponsors regarding refunds. In the event the number of registrations is too few to support the conference resulting in a monetary loss, the IPro executive board reserves the right to cancel the event. Sponsors, speakers, and registrants will be notified no later than Oct 1, 2013.