Central Oklahoma Juvenile Center
COJC is seeking Positive Role Models!
Youth Guidance Specialist: Positions in this job family are involved in providing direct care and supervision to the residents. This includes providing para-professional guidance and counseling to residents, interventions to control aggressive behaviors, documentation of behaviors and activities. Minimum qualifications: 21 years of age, High School Diploma or GED and valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
Juvenile Security Officers: Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving law enforcement at the facility. This includes walking patrols, rule enforcement, and providing protection for residents and staff. Minimum qualifications: 21 years of age, High School Diploma or GED and valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
Juvenile Justice Specialist:Positions in this job family are involved in the professional social services duties in the area of case management, individual and group therapy and monitoring treatment to meet the individual goals of the resident. Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science; or a bachelor’s degree and one year of professional experience in juvenile justice, social work, community-based prevention and diversionary youth services programs, guidance and counseling, correctional case management or probation and parole.
COJC is a state operated facility. To apply for a position, visit the Oklahoma Office of Personnel Management website at www.opm.ok.govYou can view announcements and job qualifications.
Find Your Purpose……Apply Today…
The OPM website lists all State employment opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply In Person
COJC is accepting applications for Youth Guidance Specialist and Juvenile Security Officer Level I positions. Click below to fill out an application. Bring the completed application to 700 S. Ninth St, Tecumseh, OK 74873, or fax the application to (405) 598-4138.
Call Teresa Wolfe at 405 598-4190 for additional information.
Driving Directions: Directions
Office Site Map: Map
1) Go to www.opm.ok.gov
2) Select the “State Jobs” tab on the left side of the screen.
3) Select the “Current Jobs” tab on the left side of the screen.
4) Scroll down to the “filter your search” section
5) In the “Keyword” box enter the name of the position you are interested in. For example: Youth Guidance Specialist or Juvenile Security Officer
6) In the “Location” box enter: Pottawatomie County. Then select “Search”.
7) Once the search is complete, scroll down to find the position you are interested in and select it.
8) Once you have opened the position you are interested in select the “apply” tab.
9) Fill out the application on-line.
• You will be notified by email of the receipt of your application and any testing that may be involved.
• Once the application process is complete, your name will be placed on a list that is available to COJC for viewing.
• COJC will then notify you of your interview date.
COJC also accepts applications at the facility for temporary employment in the Youth Guidance Specialist and Juvenile Security Officer positions.
| BENEFITS Of WORKING FOR A STATE AGENCY:
|Paid Holidays||Health Insurance|
|Sick Leave||Dental Insurance|
|Annual Leave||Disability Insurance|
|Longevity Pay||Life Insurance|
|Retirement & 457 Investment plan||Knowing you are making a difference|
|Central Oklahoma Juvenile Center|
|700 South Ninth St.|
|Tecumseh, Ok 74873|