- Licensing and Education
- Regulated Entities
- Online Reporting
- Public Information
LINES OF AUTHORITY
THESE RESTRICTIONS APPLY TO BOTH APPLICANTS FOR A BAIL BONDSMAN LICENSE AND THE APPLICANT’S SPOUSE!
A. The following persons or classes shall not be bail bondsmen and shall not directly or indirectly receive any benefits from the execution of any bail bond:
1. Persons convicted of, or who have pled guilty or nolo contendere to, a felony or a misdemeanor involving dishonesty or moral turpitude;
3. Police officers;
4. Committing judges;
5. Municipal or district court judges;
7. Sheriffs, deputy sheriffs and any person having the power to arrest or having anything to do with the control of federal, state, county or municipal prisoners;
8. Any person who possesses a permit pursuant to the provisions of Section 163.11 of Title 37 of the Oklahoma Statutes or is an officer, director or stockholder of any corporation holding such a permit;
9. Any person who is an agent or owner of any establishment at which low-point beer as defined by Section 163.2 of Title 37 of the Oklahoma Statutes is sold for on-premises consumption;
10. Any person who holds any license provided for in Section 518 of Title 37 of the Oklahoma Statutes or is an agent or officer of any such licensee, except for an individual holding an employee license pursuant to paragraph 20 of subsection A of Section 518 of Title 37 of the Oklahoma Statutes;
11. Any person who holds any license or permit from any city, town, county, or other governmental subdivision for the operation of any private club at which alcoholic beverages are consumed or provided; and
12. Any person or agent of a retail liquor package store.
B. This section shall not apply to a sheriff, deputy sheriff, police officer, or officer of the law who is not on duty and who assists in the apprehension of a defendant.
C. The provisions of this section shall not apply to persons possessing permits or licenses pertaining to low-point beer or alcoholic beverages, as defined in Sections 163.2 and 506 of Title 37 of the Oklahoma Statutes, which were issued prior to May 23, 1984. No one shall be permitted to maintain an office for conducting bail bonds business where low-point beer or alcoholic beverages are sold for on-premises consumption.
Examination Fee: $100.00
Date: As Scheduled
Passing Criteria: 70%
At least thirty (30) days shall intervene between examinations. After third and subsequent examination failures, applicant may not apply to be examined for at least one year after the last examination date.
Results will be provided after the applicant is examined. The exam vendor will send all exam results to the Oklahoma Insurance Department.
To confirm that your license has been issued, go to this website and search using the search criteria.