- Licensing and Education
- Regulated Entities
- Anti-Fraud Unit
- Online Reporting
- Public Information
Through the Public Protection Classification (PPC™) program, Insurance Services Office (ISO) collects information on municipal fire protection efforts. After analyzing many factors, ISO assigns a PPC number from 1 to 10. Class 1 generally represents superior property fire protection, and Class 10 indicates that the area’s protection doesn’t meet ISO’s minimum criteria.
Many insurance companies use PPC information to help establish fair premiums for home insurance — generally offering lower premiums in communities with better protection. The program provides an objective nationwide standard that helps fire departments plan and budget for facilities, equipment, and training. In addition to securing lower insurance premiums for homeowners, the PPC program provides incentives and rewards for communities that choose to improve their firefighting services.
• fire alarm and communication systems, including telephone systems, telephone lines, staffing, and dispatching systems
• the fire department, including equipment, staffing, training, and geographic distribution of fire companies
• the water supply system, including the condition and maintenance of hydrants, and the amount of available water compared with the amount needed to suppress fires
• Lower home insurance rates
• Increase the safety of the community
• Improve fire department capabilities
• Identify areas for improvement
• Promote economic development
We can help you understand the process. Please contact us for a pre- ISO review meeting. For more information contact Kevin Stoneking, OID Fire Coordinator with the Oklahoma Insurance Department at 405.522.2404