|Labor Market Statistics - Local Employment Dynamics
Local Employment Dynamics: The Local Employment Dynamics tool provides data on how the workforce is evolving, including turnover, new hires and separations by detailed geography, industry and demographics.
For instance, you can find out how many people between the ages of 35 and 44 were working in construction jobs in Adair County in the third quarter of 2010 and whether the county gained or lost jobs in that sector and age group during the quarter.
- QWI Online: Select and find out about NAICS-based or SIC-based Quarterly Workforce Indicators by state, geographic grouping, industry, year and quarter, sex, age group, and ownership. Also includes net job gains and losses from 2007Q4 onward.
- OnTheMap: An online mapping and reporting application showing where workers are employed and where they live with companion reports on worker characteristics and optional filtering by age, earnings, or industry groups. A total of 49 states are currently featured showing data for seven years (2002 through 2009). Version 6 was released in January 2012. See a summary about Version 6 here. [PDF; File Size: 75KB]
- Industry Focus: This tool lets you determine the top industries for your local area and your local workers, focus in on a particular industry to see how it ranks among top industries, and also look at the characteristics of those who work in that industry. See information sheet here for a summary.[PDF; File Size: 112KB]
- e-Learning Modules: These stand-alone e-learning modules, released on a flow basis, have been developed to tell and illustrate use of the LED Web site, QWI Online, Industry Focus and OnTheMap. Each module is about 10 minutes long and features voice-over and animation to display the features of a particular analytic tool, using a relevant scenario.
- Data Visualization: Shows QWI data as maps, stacked graphs, bar charts, scatter plots, and other options.