Elevator Inspection Bureau
After a more than two decade absence, the Elevator Safety law and rules were enacted in 2006 to regulate all aspects of the elevator industry. The Department of Labor, in order to protect public health and safety, has jurisdiction to ensure that elevators, escalators, moving sidewalks and similar devices are installed, maintained, and regularly inspected in compliance with recognized safety standards and codes. All elevator contractors, elevator mechanics and elevator inspectors are required to be licensed by the state.
Find licensing locations around the State
These forms are recommended. They contain the minimum information required for these tests. (Excel format)
- Platform / Chairlift Test Log
- Escalator Test Log
- Elevator Hydraulic Test Log
- Elevator Electric Test Log
Notice for Elevator Inspector’s License Training & Examination:
- Training Session:
- Wednesday, January 9, 2013, at the Oklahoma Department of Labor, 3017 N. Stiles, Suite 100, Oklahoma City, OK 73105, from 9:00am-5:00pm.
- Thursday, January 10, 2013, at Oklahoma Department of Labor, 3017 N. Stiles, Suite 100, Oklahoma City, OK 73105, from 9:00am-1:00pm.
- Please call 405.521.6100 and notify the Statistical, Safety, and Licensing Division by January 7, 2013, if you plan to attend so space for applicants can be prepared.
- If there are no applicants, the training and examination will not take place.
- Cost for the examination is $100.00.
- Contact Director Rick Flanigan at 405-521-2612