Administered by the OKLAHOMA OFFICE OF DISABILITY CONCERNS
2401 NW 23rd, STE. 90
OKLAHOMA CITY, OKLAHOMA 73107
Voice (405)-521-3756 or 800-522-8224
What is CAP?
The Client Assistance Program (CAP) is an option available to clients and client applicants to assist them in understanding the services available through the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. CAP is funded through section 112 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, a Federal program, and all services are provided at no cost to the client.
Who is eligible for CAP services?
- Applicants for and clients of Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services (DRS),
- Federally funded Projects with Industry and
- Other programs funded under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
CAP invites client referrals from:
- Community Agencies
- DRS staff
- Clients and former clients.
- Other interested people
- Inform and advise clients of their rights and responsibilities under the Rehabilitation Act;
- Assist and advocate for clients in communicating their concerns to the staff of the Department of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) and other programs funded under the Rehabilitation Act and, on request, in the appeals process,
- Explain the steps and procedures in developing your rehabilitation program.
CAP can help:
- Explain specific Department of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) programs and benefits available to persons with disabilities.Assist you in conveying your concerns to appropriate Department of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) program staff.
- Work through problems you may have encountered in the rehabilitation process.
- Explain your legal rights and responsibilities in your own rehabilitation effort.
- Assist you in your relationship with projects, programs and facilitates providing rehabilitation services.
For more information:
- Visit us on the Internet at: www.odc.ok.gov/cap.htm
- Contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or call us at: (405) 521-3756 or 1-800-522-8224