- About ODC
- Agency ADA Coordinators
Homeless Housing Needs
The Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency maintains a list with contact numbers and people of the 43 homeless shelters in the state of Oklahoma. Their website is http://www.ohfa.org/. The shelters are concentrated in the metropolitan areas, but there are also many in smaller cities and towns across the state. The Salvation Army runs nine of the forty-three shelters. Most of the homeless shelters accept any person who is homeless. Some may specialize in persons who are homeless and mentally ill.
Some of the homeless shelters and some of the local Community Action agencies receive funds to transition people out of homeless shelters and into housing in the community. Eleven agencies have contracts in Oklahoma to do this.
Free Booklets on Medicare and Related Topics
To order free booklets on Medicare and related topics, look at http://www.medicare.gov/ on the web. Select “Publications” to look at or print a copy of these booklets. You can also order a free copy by calling 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). Some booklets are available in Spanish, in Braille, on audio-cassette and Large Print (English and Spanish). TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048.
• Choosing Long-Term Care: This booklet helps explain the steps to choosing the type of long-term care that best meets your needs. (CMS Pub. No. 02223)
• Medicare Savings Programs: This flyer gives information about programs in your State (including Medicaid) that can help you pay health care costs. (CMS Pub. No. 10126)
• Medicare and You: This handbook gives basic information about Medicare coverage and benefits, health plan choices, rights and protections, and more. (CMS Pub. No. 10050)
• Medicare Coverage of Skilled Nursing Facility Care: This booklet explains when and how much Medicare covers for skilled nursing facility care. (CMS Pub. No. 10153)
• Medicare and Home Health Care: This booklet explains Medicare coverage of home health care. (CMS Pub. No. 10969)
• Medicare Hospice Benefits: This booklet explains Medicare coverage of hospice care for people who have a terminal illness. (CMS Pub. No. 02154)