OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF MINES
Announcement Date: January 26, 2015
Position: Mine Inspector I
Salary: $32,000-$36,000 annually-based upon expertise
Location: Home base area: Northwestern Oklahoma
Announcement Closing Date: February 13, 2015
• Make periodic and unexpected inspections of mine sites to verify operations are
according to established mine plan and in compliance with health and safety regulations.
• Statewide Travel approximately 80% of work week.
• Review permits, reclamation plans, and applications as submitted.
• Maintain files on all mines sites in assigned area including inspection logs and mine site progress.
• Investigate citizen complaints of non-compliance and issue violation notices, cessation
orders and advise on appropriate enforcement actions when necessary.
• Collect and preserve evidence for enforcement actions and document facts of violations.
• Prepare and present evidence in cases at hearings when necessary.
• Prepare reports and required documentation within given time frame.
• Advise Minerals Administrator of all situations requiring technical assistance.
• Perform other duties as required by the Minerals Administrator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Moderate physical activity to inspect mine sites including walking and standing on unpaved, rough terrain.
• Skill in maintaining effective working relationships in a clear and tactful manner with
government representatives, private industry representatives and private citizens.
• Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner in both written and oral manner.
• Ability to read and interpret law, regulations and industry standard rules.
• Working knowledge of word processing applications.
• A valid Oklahoma driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Any one of the following:
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a natural science,
health and safety, environment protection or reclamation.
• An Associates degree and 2 years of field experience in an applicable industry.
• Four years experience in an applicable industry in an inspection capacity with
specialized training in health and safety and/or reclamation.
To apply for this position, please submit State of Oklahoma employment application, cover letter
and resume to: Confidential Documents; Personnel Office, Oklahoma Department of Mines,
2315 N. Classen Blvd., Suite 213, Oklahoma City, OK, 73106 or submit in electronic format to:
email@example.com AA/EEO Employer