Welcome from the Director
The Oklahoma Department of Mines (ODM) is the state agency responsible for ensuring the reclamation of land disturbed by mining operations. The Department regulates the production of coal and non-fuel minerals. The Department is committed to protecting the rights of citizens and to the promotion of mining. The Department of Mines enforces and implements various provisions of state and federally-mandated programs in health, safety, mining and land reclamation practices associated with surface and subsurface mining.
The Department has programs to:
1. Safeguard human health and safety;
2. Issue permits and inspect all mining operations for land reclamation;
3. Minimize environmental impact to land, air and water quality;
4. Regulate blasting of a mine site; and
5. Conduct courses in first aid, mine safety and accident prevention.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions on how we may improve our service to you, please contact our Webmaster.
Mary Ann Pritchard